Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
R_Mack
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Broadband slow speed & poor customer service

I would be grateful of assistance.
We contacted BT at end of March due to significant deterioration in broadband speed (readings of 3.4Mbps - 4 Mbps), and an engineer was booked for 07h00 - 09h00 on 3 Apr.  Engineer did not turn up, and on calling BT initially the adviser could not find the open job at all. 
Called BT on 4 Apr who confirmed that a job was open for an external problem in the area, and it should be fixed by 8 Apr.
Called BT for an update on 6 Apr, but no record of the open job. The adviser (Paul in Cardiff) confirmed that we should be receiving about 13Mbps (and that the maximum we can expect to achieve is 14.5Mbps).
BT called on 9 Apr (Paul in Cardiff) and advised that an engineer visit is required.
BT called on 10 Apr (Paddy) and confirmed that an SFI engineer would be booked, as it is clearly a network problem and not a problem in our house. OpenReach would therefore make contact with us once they had a date & time for the SFI engineer just in case they needed to do any tests in our house also.
Called BT on 13 Apr as we had not heard from OpenReach, and told by the adviser (Ashley) that OpenReach would be in touch today or tomorrow.
Called BT on 16 Apr as had not heard from OpenReach & the adviser (Dara in Dublin) explained that the system indicates that the fault has been rectified. Dara also activated Interleaving and said that if the broadband speed had not improved within 3 hrs or so then he recommended a "session kill".
Called BT on 17 Apr as no improvement, Patricia in Dublin therefore executed a "session kill" and suggested that we monitor the broadband speed over the next 24 - 48hrs, and if no improvement we should call BT again and it may be necessary to send an engineer.
Called BT on 23 Apr as no improvement. Zara in Stockport ran tests and could find no landline fault, however an external fault was identified that required a "special" engineer to investigate. She advised that we should wait for a Manager to contact us in the next day or two.
Called BT on 8 May as had not heard from a Manager & problem still persists (broadband speed of 3.9Mbps - 4.4Mbps). Arran in Stockport advised that due to the poor level of service that we had received we should lodge an official complaint and that we would then have a single point of contact with an individual who would be able to ensure that the fault was rectified. Arran explained that he would therefore raise the complaint with Camp 3 (the entity that deals with such issues), and Camp 3 would be in contact within 72 hrs.
Called BT on 14 May as have received no call from Camp 3 and problem still persists (3.8Mbps - 4.4Mbps). Recorded message stating that the Helpline system is currently down and therefore call back in 4 hrs.

You can appreciate the frustration at lack of progress and zero follow up from BT.  I apologise for the long winded post but thought it important to show the lack of response from BT over a number of weeks now. 

Any suggestions most welcome. 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Broadband slow speed & poor customer service

can you post stats from your router

check for line noise  dial 17070 option 2  should be quiet and best with corded phone

have you tried using test socket with a new filter even if you have a filtered master socket

enter your phone number and post results  remember delete number  http://dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
R_Mack
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Thank you for your response imjolly.  I have done the test, but how do I post the results?

I did the check for line noise, and it is not entirely silent, but I am not sure how it compares to what it should be.

The socket currently has a filter connected.  I will try it with a new filter.

0 Ratings
R_Mack
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

I have tried a different filter but that has not made a difference.

Please can you explain how I post the router results on this forum?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

the forum help pages explain https://community.bt.com/t5/help/faqpage/faq-category-id/images#images

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
russadams
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

To be honest you are lucky, we get 1 to 2 mbps and bt saybthey try things then when you check for job status findcthey have closed it. They did say they would send us a new router but nope, not unless we sign up for another contract, if it doesntimprovevthen we would have to pay to get out of the contract. Im not blaiming bt alone its the network thats at issue but the majority of bt customer service is appalling

0 Ratings