Go to solution

Yep, thanks john46, I've done that. 

0 Ratings
jamesbristol
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 21

Re: Broadband slowed down a couple of weeks ago

Go to solution

Hi john46 -- do you know how long it takes for the mods to get stuck into things?  It's been three days since I contacted them, but perhaps that's normal. 

Many thanks, 

James

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 21

Go to solution
The mods are busier than normal and can take 3/5 working days to contact you personally by either email or phone
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 21

Go to solution

Hi @jamesbristol I called earlier sorry I could not reach you. I have run a few checks on your connection and it's highlighting that this could be a fault with the internal set up. 

To help eliminate this please will you identify which socket type you have. You can view the different sockets at www.bt.com/help/socket

If possible can you connect the only the hub to your test socket with the microfilter and see if the connection improves. 

Cheers

John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
jamesbristol
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 21

Go to solution

Hi @JohnC2 -- sorry, just got to the phone when it stopped!  Yes, I can jig things around and try that.  I've got a master socket with a single socket.  It's the left one in the series of four pictures.  Feel free to call again if it's convenient. 

Many thanks, 

James

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 21

Go to solution

That's fine, I can see that @JohnC2 is going to be calling you again tomorrow.

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
jamesbristol
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 21

Go to solution

@DanielS Thanks for that.  Meantime, I've disconnected the front plate and have the modem plugged into the test socket. 

Many thanks, 

James

0 Ratings
jamesbristol
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 21

Go to solution

@JohnC2 Thanks for your help earlier -- good results so far!  Talk to you on Monday. 

Many thanks, 

James

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 21

Go to solution

Hi @jamesbristol Thanks for taking my call earlier and glad to hear that your connection has improved and remained stable now.

Cheers

John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
Highlighted
jamesbristol
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 21

Go to solution

Yes, all good -- over 4M now!  Very many thanks to @JohnC2 and @john46 -- really appreciate all your help on this.  

James

0 Ratings