cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
gwuk
Contributor
Message 11 of 35

Re: Broadband so slow and suggested Infinity?!

@theKenofKens wrote:

I agree i was trying to ascertain the distance from the cabinet but i can only get info on my exchange.

Unfortunately they do not seem to publish cabinet locations. The availability checkers will show which cabinet you are connected to. I only managed to find my cabinet location by physically looking around. The cabinets usually have the number displayed on them. 

0 Ratings
theKenofKens
Contributor
Message 12 of 35

Well i had my infinity upgrade today. 

Ran an initial when i first got in was about 13mb download now an hour later its gone to **bleep** 😞 

This was my fear as i originally posted, over a long distance VDSL is actually worse, i hope im wrong.  So far so not good. 

https://s2.postimg.org/vrprhlus9/Screen_Shot_2017_02_23_at_19_08_23.png

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 35

you would be on a long line not a very long one as the checker shows a possible 20Mbps speed as available

Have you tried the quiet line test dial 17070 option 2 you should hear no noise if you can hear noise then it needs reporting to BT faults on 151 with no mention of broadband in the call
0 Ratings
theKenofKens
Contributor
Message 14 of 35

then this..

Screen Shot 2017-02-23 at 19.19.21.png

0 Ratings
theKenofKens
Contributor
Message 15 of 35

ok thanks tried option 2 quiet line test. 

I have a BT Cordless handset right next to base and there is a definite noise almost like a distant dial tone type noise but quieter. When i press red button hang up there's a clear difference between quiet and quiet line test. 

Would you register that as noise on line?

0 Ratings
theKenofKens
Contributor
Message 16 of 35

Product name:

BT Hub 6A

Serial number:

+084319+NQ65210114

Firmware version:

SG4B10002244

Firmware updated:

23-Feb-2017

Board version:

Gui version:

DSL uptime:

0 Days, 5 Hours 59 Minutes 18 Seconds

Data rate:

1.29 kbps / 14.17 kbps

Maximum data rate:

1293 / 14166

Noise margin:

6.5 / 6.2

Line attenuation:

Signal attenuation:

VPI / VCI:

0/38

Modulation:

G_993_2_ANNEX_B

Latency type:

Fast Path

0 Ratings
theKenofKens
Contributor
Message 17 of 35

Router restart and speed is good, acceptable anyway.. 

Screen Shot 2017-02-23 at 19.47.58.png

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 35

Yes report the line noise with no mention of broadband in the call
0 Ratings
theKenofKens
Contributor
Message 19 of 35

Will do thanks as it was fast for about 2minutes after a reboot, now back down to 1mb again or less!! Honestly, ive spent too much time with BT since i have moved they have been **bleep** awful, calls open nooe proactive noone gives a **bleep** or takes ownership of a problem how can this complacent awful company stay afloat.

I cannot deal with these bull**bleep**ting call centers who just promise anything just to get you off the phone in the most false polite way possible.

As you may realise im getting frustrated, i was with BT for about 8years before at my old address and it just worked fine so its not like im some anti BT person. However BT or openreach or whoever seem to have zero abillity to fault find, most people i have spoken to have said the same, computer says x... ffs. 

theKenofKens
Contributor
Message 20 of 35

Booked a engineer for tomorrow, was informed i would be charged 129.99 if a fault is found in my house.

I responded with 'will i be paid 129.99 if the issue is with your network and ive had to take a day off home to allow you to actually realise this? plus the time i have spent (3 weeks now) attempting to resolve this issue, plus loss of service.