Please wake me when bt actually care about their customers..... Cheers

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 13

Re: Broadband speed customer service

Go to solution

If you want some help from forum members and possibly BT you need to post some info from your router and also about your broadband problem

if not that is ok

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
russadams
Beginner
Message 3 of 13

Go to solution

im not sure who you are or what role you have in BT, however i have complained to BT several times about the poor quality of my broadband service, the last time they asked me to monitor it and i reported back it was between 1 and 2MBPS which is appalling.

the person i spoke first said they would send me a replacement router, when this didnt happen and i called back i was told that they couldnt do this as i was out of contract with BT.

this suggests that if i was still in an 18 month contract they would try and assist me, but if they cannot improve it then i would have to pay to leave the provider as i would be in breach of contract.

hence nothing gets done and my service has not improved at all, in fact it seems worse since the cable was replaced following theft.

when i went back to look at the jobs online i found they had been cleared so i give up. i would change providers but as it is probably an issue with cables etc i don't see how that would improve things. but as you see on so many posts on here customer service doesn't seem to be a number 1 priority

also why bother with surveys if they do not respond to your feedback?

rant over...

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution

this is a customer help customer community forum as it says when you joined.  everyone here is a customer just like you apart from forum mods who are BT employees  your post does not go to BT and the forum mods may not read all the posts

if you obviously had problems with CS thenthe best way to make progress to getting a solution is to post the information I requested and if the forum members cannot help you improve your conenction the we can ask toe form mods to see if they can help  But first you need to provide information

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
russadams
Beginner
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution

what information do i need from router and how do i get it?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution

which hub do you have

can you enter your phone number and post results  remember delete number but leave exchange and cab  http://dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

is there any noise when you try quiet line test  dial 17070 option 2  should be quiet apart from announcemenst and best with corded phone

0 Ratings
russadams
Beginner
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution
BT Wholesale
BT BROADBAND AVAILABILITY CHECKER
Telephone Number  on Exchange WANSFORD is served by Cabinet 6

Featured ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Handback Threshold(Mbps)WBC FTTC Availability DateWBC SOGEA Availability DateLeft in Jumper  High Low High Low        Featured ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)WBC FTTP Availability Date   ADSL ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)Availability Date Left in JumperOther Offerings     Availability Date   Premise environmentStatus
VDSL Range A (Clean)78.3552017.848.6AvailableAvailable-- 
VDSL Range B (Impacted)70.3442012.639.8AvailableAvailable-- 
FTTP on Demand33030--Available---- 
WBC ADSL 2+Up to 2.5--1.5 to 4Available---- 
ADSL MaxUp to 1--1 to 3.5Available---- 
WBC Fixed Rate2 ----Available---- 
Fixed Rate2 ----Available---- 
VDSL Multicast------Available---- 
ADSL Multicast------Available---- 
Bridge TapU      
VRI--      
NTEFaceplate--      
Last Test Date--    

17070 is clear

BT home hub 3.0

when i actually managed to do a test, as i kept getting a "bt.com is not responding error" it said i had 2.4mb\s and thinks this is good for the area.

however the connection goes up and down alot.

i have changed the filter and get the same with either one fitted.

i do not have an extension so only the one line coming in

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution

you can get your stats here - just post

Settings ->
Advanced Settings >
Broadband >
Connection >
Click "Show Details" Button at the bottom

are you using the test socket with a filter?

test socket.jpg

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution

you can see from the checker results that adslestimates speed for your conenction is between 2.5/3.5mb so you must be a long way from your exchange

you do have fibre available to you and probably get max 55/10mb on infinty 1

0 Ratings
russadams
Beginner
Message 10 of 13

Go to solution

Looks like i will have to upgrade, they have an offer for same price though they say on first page it includes evening and weekend calls then on next page costs another £3???? 

My apologies if i came across as annoyed, it is directed at bt not the forum.

Cheers

Russ

0 Ratings