cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pdo1969
Contributor
Message 31 of 53

Re: Broadband speed dropped last week.

Master socket now but I've run this stuff multiple times on the test socket. Same result.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 32 of 53

if you can get speeds of 5/7mb then profile not stuck low and need to look for another cause hence why test socket to eliminate internal wiring

do you use an phone extension cable to reach master/test socket?  is there any christmas lights near router which could cause interference?

congestion would normally be at peak times and be fairly constant not wide fluctuations - 0.5mb then within minutes jump to 7mb

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Pdo1969
Contributor
Message 33 of 53

It's on an extension atm but the previous similar tests were with the hub diectly into the test socket. No lights or anything else near it.

Moving it again requires me turning it off again. Is that advisable now? Does the reported 20+db nois maybe have something to do with it? My neighbour had this exact problem a few months ago and after pestering 151 an engineer supposedly fixed it a couple of days later.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
SuperSajuuk
Aspiring Expert
Message 34 of 53

Your noise margin being high is fine, you are getting maximum speed possible on ADSL Max, so the noise margin is higher than normal. It's usually higher than norm of 6db due to short line attenuation.
0 Ratings
Pdo1969
Contributor
Message 35 of 53

I'm going to try one last thing to make sure it's not my wiring.  I'll put the hub back on the test socket (although I imagine it's on the same wires as the master one as they're both on the first box as it comes into the house) and also try another ethernet cable. If it still doesn't get reasonable speeds then it's definitely not my end, unless there's a problem with the hub.. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 36 of 53

and without the phone extension cable

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Pdo1969
Contributor
Message 37 of 53

Latest test result.

FAQ

Results Image not loaded

1. Best Effort Test:

Download Speed : 0.57 Mbps

Your speed test has completed and the results are shown above, however during the test an error occurred while trying to retrieve additional details regarding your service. As a result we are unable to determine if the speed you received during the test is acceptable for your service. Please re-run the test if you require this additional information.

That's with all new cables, hub directly into the test socket (on mine the faceplate is just an adapter that plugs directly into the test socket so the master socket is basically the same thing, but worth losing as much between me and the outside world as possible), just pc plugged in with new ethernet cable, no wifi devices.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 38 of 53

test socketmaster should look like this  test socket.jpg

0 Ratings
Pdo1969
Contributor
Message 39 of 53

That's the one.  Faceplate removed and conected straight into the internal socket.

0 Ratings
Pdo1969
Contributor
Message 40 of 53

Just ran another 3 tests and got 5.6 5.6 and 1.01 😕

0 Ratings