cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 24

Re: Broadband speed has dramatically reduced, i'd be faster on Dial up.

if master looks like this master socket nte5.jpg  can you connect to the socket behind the bottom half.  this will eliniante any problems caused by your internal wiring.  then can you post new stats please

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Langy91
Beginner
Message 12 of 24

Download speedachieved during the test was - 660 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 200-1000 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :2048 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 750 Kbps

Neither of the 2 sockets look anything like that, they're both just plain with a single socket in the middle. and a T in the bottom right corner carved into the plastic.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 24

your profile is low due the resets but first trying to improve connection speed by trying tets socket

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Langy91
Beginner
Message 14 of 24

Both sockets look exactly the same so I have no idea which is the master, I assume the one i'm using downstairs is the Master, though both have a T carved on them.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 24

the master will be the socket where the BT line enters from outside.  can you see if there is an orange bellwire connected to terminal 3 and if so removed from both sockets as it can cause noise problems http://www.filesaveas.com/jarviser/index.html

0 Ratings
Langy91
Beginner
Message 16 of 24

Tried in both sockets and both have the exact same statistics.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 24

did you check for the bellwire?  constantly disconnecting your router will not help your connection

0 Ratings
Langy91
Beginner
Message 18 of 24

There is 3 wires on the bottom socket but is there a point in taking out the "orange" one? I have no noise problems using the phone on the downstairs socket.

Could there possibly be a fault with the line somewhere between myself and the exchange point?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 24

yes that wire is a carrier of interference that can affect broadband badly
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 24

if orange bellwire on 1 socket the probability is that it is there in the other socket - need to remove both

0 Ratings