cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zeebus
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 24

Broadband speed has gone from 2mbs to 0.288kps with a high upload speed,since phoneline fault.

Go to solution
Ive been with bt broadband for 15+ years and have never had a problem.. such as i have now. Ive had 2mbs connection, since moving into my home for the last 3+years. Ive never had any real issues with it.. till now. About 9 days ago me and the wife, had come back home to find out telephone and broadband not working. So i phoned bt up the next day using my father in laws home phone. Who lives just a couple houses down the road.( theyre with bt also and their connection is still running at 2mbs). After i got on the phone and came back home. Low and behold the telephone and broadband were working again..only my broadband had come back absolutely garbage. To the point where i cant stream on netflix or youtube. I gave it a couple of days to settle. Before i phoned bt back up. Then got me to reset my hub and the usual stuff, then told me to ring back in a few days if nothing had changed. So nothing had changed so i rang up again. I was told that my line looked fine and they couldnt find anything wrong. They told me that they would refresh the line and that their manager would call me back in a couple of days. Still was the same. The fact that my upload speed is higher than my download speed is a bit puzzling as well. I checked my noise margain is: ( 112.940000) DSL noise margin: 9.40 dB upstream, 6.00 dB downstream. And ive had no noise on the quiet test line. My phone is plugged into the test socket. It literally feels like someone has literally moved my connection line further away from my house. And im at my wits end.. its been driving me crazy. Me and the wife are due to have a baby next month, and i dont really want to have to stress out about my broadband. I dont particularly want to leave bt, but if it isnt aorted i may have no choise:(. I just hope i can get some answers here.
0 Ratings
23 REPLIES 23
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 24

Re: Broadband speed has gone from 2mbs to 0.288kps with a high upload speed,since phoneline fault.

Go to solution

can you post some stats from your hub/router

can your run btspeedtester and when first test completes then run diagnostic test and post results  http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/

enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number  http://dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Zeebus
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 24

Re: Broadband speed has gone from 2mbs to 0.288kps with a high upload speed,since phoneline fault.

Go to solution
Which particualr stats would you like from my bthub4?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 24

Go to solution

http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/frogstats.php

looking for connection speed 

noise margin

attenuation and any others on same page

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Zeebus
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 24

Go to solution

from the first test on the btwholesale site : download speed(mbs) 0.24 upload speed(mbs): 0.00 ping latency(ms) 0.00. Further diagnostics results shows Best effort test : download 0.24mbps upload: 0.06mbps

0 Ratings
XRaySpeX
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 24

Go to solution

Please post all the text on the Further Diagnostics page incl. IP Profiles.

Please post your full Router Stats. For a Home Hub see on here: Broadband Top Tips . Full router stats are key to any speed & connection issues.

Zeebus
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 24

Go to solution

1. Product name:    BT Home Hub
2. Serial number:    +068340+NQ42027948
3. Firmware version:    Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.130.1.32 (Type A) Last updated 14/10/16
4. Board version:    BT Hub 4A
5. ADSL uptime:    0 days, 02:22:31
6. Bandwidth:    444 / 288
7. Data sent/received:    8.3 MB / 47.6 MB
8. Broadband username:    
9. BT Wi-fi:    Yes
10. 2.4 GHz Wireless network/SSID:    BTHub4-QSHP
11. 2.4 GHz Wireless connections:    Enabled (802.11 b/g/n (up to 300 Mb/s))
12. 2.4 GHz Wireless security:    WPA and WPA2
13. 2.4 GHz Wireless channel:    1
14. 5 GHz Wireless network/SSID:    BTHub4-QSHP
15. 5 GHz Wireless connections:    Enabled (802.11 a/n (up to 300 Mb/s))
16. 5 GHz Wireless security:    WPA2
17. 5 GHz Wireless channel:    Automatic (Smart Wireless)
18. Firewall:    Default
19. MAC Address:    40:f2:01:36:e1:6a
20. VPI/VCI:    0 / 38
21. Modulation:    G.992.3 Annex A
22. Latency type:    Interleaved
23. Software variant:    -
24. Boot loader:

( 112.940000) DSL noise margin: 9.40 dB upstream, 6.00 dB downstream
17:34:40, 16 Nov.( 112.030000) DSL line rate: 444 Kbps upstream, 288 Kbps downstream
0 Ratings
Zeebus
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 24

Go to solution

VDSL Range A (Clean)2.111.20.80.8Available----Yes--
VDSL Range B (Impacted)2.10.81.10.50.6Available----Yes--
FTTP on Demand33030--Available--------
WBC ADSL 2+Up to 2--1 to 3.5Available--------
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex MUp to 2Up to 0.51 to 3.5Available--------
ADSL MaxUp to 1.5--1 to 2.5Available--------
WBC Fixed Rate0.5 ----Available--------
Fixed Rate0.5 ----Available--------
VDSL Multicast------Available--------
ADSL Multicast------Available--------
Bridge TapU       
VRIN       
NTEFaceplateN       
Last Test Date16-05-2017     
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 24

Go to solution

all the problems with connection have resulted in your conenction ending up in a banded profile  if you can maintain connection the banding should release in 3/5 days stable connection  if you get 3+ days stable and still nothing then repost router stats and we can see if mods will help  

https://www.plus.net/help/archive/broadband/broadband-terminology-guide/?supportarchive

0 Ratings
XRaySpeX
Recognised Expert
Message 10 of 24

Go to solution

Are there no attenuation figures anywhere?

It looks like the DLM system has put you on a banded profile in response to past errors on your line, at the top of the lowest of these ADSL Banded Profiles. You need to ask BT to get the DLM reset in order to remove any banding. However should significant errors persist the DLM will reapply banding.