cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bromleybob
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 18

Broadband speed

After months of getting a constant 3mb/s download speed, yes 3mbs, my speed has dropped to anything between .5 and 1.5 sometimes dropping out completely. I have had a enginner out who said if ive been getting 3mb that i should continue to get it. He did all the tests and there was nothing wrong in the house. I spoke to a customer service agent that basically when my contract rolled over in january my garanteed speed was now 0.5mb and i should be happy with that and go away. My garanteed speed used to be 1.5mb so why has this been dropped. I cant get any answers of Bt and at times its like banging my head against a brick wall. Anyone got any ideas 

0 Ratings
17 REPLIES
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 18

Re: Broadband speed

can you post stats from your router

can you enter your phone number and post results  remember delete number http://dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

are you using test socket with filter to see if that helps

check quiet line test  dial 17070 option 2 should be quiet and best with corded phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Bromleybob
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 18

BT BROADBAND AVAILABILITY CHECKER
Telephone Number on Exchange MANNINGTREE is served by Cabinet 2

Featured ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)WBC FTTP Availability Date   ADSL ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)Availability Date Left in JumperOther Offerings     Availability Date   Premise environmentStatus
FTTP on Demand 330 30 -- Available -- --  
WBC ADSL 2+ Up to 2 -- 1 to 3.5 Available -- --  
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex M Up to 2 Up to 0.5 1 to 3.5 Available -- --  
ADSL Max Up to 1.5 -- 0.5 to 2.5 Available -- --  
WBC Fixed Rate 0.5 -- -- Available -- --  
Fixed Rate 0.5 -- -- Available -- --  
ADSL Multicast -- -- -- Available -- --  
Bridge Tap U            
VRI N            
NTEFaceplate N            
Last Test Date 10-05-2018            

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (VDSL or G.fast) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

This line is on a Market B Exchange.

In order to be eligible for handback, downstream speed should be less than Downstream Handback Threshold values.

Throughput/download speeds will be less than line rates and can be affected by a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

The Stop Sale date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2012; the Formal Retirement date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2014. The Stop Sale date for IPstream is from 31-Oct-2013; the Formal Retirement date for IPstream is from 30-Jun-2014.

If the End User wishes to migrate from their current Broadband supplier they will need to contact the Broadband supplier they want to take service from to arrange for the service to be migrated.

Please note that postcode and address check results are indicative only. Most accurate results can be obtained from a telephone number, NAD, UPRN or Access Line ID (ALID) check.

Note:

Thank you for your interest.

Line is quiet and using OpenReach socket that was recently fitted

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 18

@Bromleybob  please delete your phone number as public forum and you get more scam calls than you can handle

can you post hub stats

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Bromleybob
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 18

How do I do that

0 Ratings
Bromleybob
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 18

Sorry, where do I delete my phone number from and where do I get my hub settings from, not very technical I’m afraid

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 18

a forum mods has deleted the number

which hub version do you have?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Bromleybob
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 18

Bt hub 4
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 18

can you go to the logs and you are looking for 2 line together when your hub last reset and they will show connection speed and noise margin  if you find them then post please

0 Ratings
Bromleybob
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 18

homesettingsadvanced_settingstroubleshooting
WirelessBroadbandHome NetworkFirewallSystem
InternetConnectionVPNDynamic DNSIPv6 Status
Internet Connection Configuration
Connection Information
Connection time:2 days, 04:38:11
Data Transmitted/Received:550.8 MB / 4.5 GB
Broadband username:bthomehub@btbroadband.com
Password:Not configured

TCP/IP settings
Broadband network IP address:81.152.77.78 
Default gateway:172.16.10.183 
Primary DNS:81.139.56.100 
Secondary DNS:81.139.57.100 

Disconnect

BT Home Hub 4 (Type A) | Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.130.1.32 | Last updated 03/11/16
0 Ratings