Re: Broadband speed

Is the last posting the information that you need 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 18

the 2 lines will be in logs/wan and like this

18:09:02, 10 Jun. (73034.130000) DSL noise margin: 20.00 dB upstream, 15.20 dB downstream
18:09:02, 10 Jun. (73034.060000) DSL line rate: 448 Kbps upstream, 1920 Kbps downstream

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Bromleybob
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 18

Sorry it’s taken so long but I’ve been away for the weekend, still struggling with low speed.

09:40:20, 20 May.( 380.500000) DSL noise margin: 5.80 dB upstream, 6.00 dB downstream
09:40:20, 20 May.( 379.590000) DSL line rate: 808 Kbps upstream, 1495 Kbps downstream
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 18

I appreciate you have a new master socket fitted but have you actually tryed using the test socket with a filter to see if that helps by eliminating your internl wiring as causing a problem?  if you conenct to test socket can you post the new 2 lines of stats from the logs

your current speed is about what the dslchecker shows as estimated 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Bromleybob
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 18

I appreciate the posts given but my original post seems to be forgotten which was why was my speed downgraded on renewal of my contract. ie why has my speed gone down from 3mb to just over 1mb and I’m paying the same monthly cost. This is something that Bt won’t answer and I can’t get to the bottom of 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 18

Your connection will still be the same now as it was before your renewal and will not have been downgraded as you put it by BT.   It is a matter of finding why your connection has reduced even though you are still about estimated speed

0 Ratings
Bromleybob
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 18

I’ve explained all that to Bt, before renewal I was garanteed a minimum of 1.5 mb but now only .5mb. Is there no simple answer. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 18

your last set of stats show conenction speed of 1.495mb  bear in mind any speeds guaranteed by BT are connection speeds not download speed

0 Ratings