cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

Broadband throttling

Why is my broadband download speeds being throttled at 635kb/sec total for the entire household? That's total for one or across any number of devices. Doesn't matter where I downloadfrom or from what device it's always maximum 635kb/sec. Why should I pay 2020 prices for 1990 internet speeds? The speed test always comes back with 4.5 mb/sec and the diagnostic tool always crashes the bt dsl router.

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: Broadband throttling

BT.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 13

Doesn't matter which broadband speed test is used, they all say 5mb down 1 Mb up. Bad stated speeds already and yet I can't even reach above 635b kb!!

Test1.jpgTest2.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

And download speed graphs from any location? I can post the results from large size Gb downloads all with the same peak restrictions

Steam1.jpgSteam2.jpg

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 13

when did you move to FTTC?  from the dslchecker results that shows you are on adsl not FTTC  hence why you have slow speeds   could you check your phone number is ok   dial 17070 and see if it is your number that is repeated - may be a crossed line

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

17070 says number is correct.

We were sent a new smart hub 2 and installed it on our switchover day 22nd March

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 13

well switchover has not happened as you are still on adsl

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 8 of 13

And people ask me why I left the UK 25 years ago. Sigh. Thx for your help. Will give BT a call and see if they can bothered sorting it out.

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 9 of 13

I have the same problem when I changed to a 3rd party router.

0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 10 of 13

@M_J_Packer the reason it won't have happened automatically is this major thing called covid going on meaning engineer availability has changed. If you call they'll be able to order it for you without having to be worried about being "bothered" or not

0 Ratings