cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
martinbingle1
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Broadband- ultra slow

Despite being 10 metres from houses with fibre broadband , BT/Openreach will not connect my property because it is an exchange only line. On a good day, I get 4 to 5 mbps down and 0.05mbps up. Ofcom have the Universal Service Obligation for a minimum of 10 mbps, but will I get it automatically or do I have to request it. If I have to request it, where do I address the request to?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Broadband- ultra slow

@martinbingle1 

It not BT/Openreach, its simply Openreach that provide the network for most providers.

https://www.openreach.com/help-and-support/questions-about-fibre-availability

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

bear in mind the 10mb connection includes that ability to get internet using mobile phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
martinbingle1
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

It is many years since I had a reliable 2G signal; a text can take between 5 mins and 22 hours to come. I need to know if a text has been sent so I can drive a few miles to get better reception to get it, which is just ludicrous. At all the new properties around me, there is fibre 10 metres from my door but as I am on an ancient eo line Openreach will not connect me. So I pay an extortionate price for a very poor service.
0 Ratings