cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Broadband upgrade from ADSL MAX to ADSL2+

Hello, 

I am a new customer and after several tests/attempts/calls to BT I seem to have realised by myself that my line is connected to ADSL max which is not allowing me to go above 7mb . My neighbours can reach up to 17mb with their broadband package.

See modulation info below which confirms I am with ADSL Max.

My Hub infoMy Hub info

WhatsApp Image 2020-05-12 at 11.43.58.jpegCan I request to be switched to ADSL2+ please?

Is there anything I need to do?

Thanks in advance.

Graziano Serra

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Broadband upgrade from ADSL MAX to ADSL2+

edit out your phone number as this is a public forum

I have asked mods to see if they can help but priorities are vulnerable and elderly so may take a bit longer than normal for mods to get back to you

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 11

Thank you, I've removed my phone number from the screenshot.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Hi @awake84 and welcome.

Thanks for posting. I'm sure we'll be able to help get you moved to ADSL2. I've sent you a private message so you can send over the details. Drop me a reply and we'll take it from there.

Cheers

David

Message 5 of 11

Good Morning,

I have been in touch with a BT advisor two days ago and I was told someone would have called me yesterday afternoon regarding the switch.

Just checking when roughly the switch to ADSL2+ will be done. Thanks in advance. Graziano

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

was it one of the forum mods that phoned you?

at present mods are busier than normal trying to help vulnerable and elderly with problems

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

No, I just rang BT because I had an open fault related to slow connection and wanted to tell them I found the reason why it was slow (due to connection to a slow ADSL) and that someone from the community would have helped. They told me someone would have called. I understand the situation and vulnerable and elderly people have priority, it is not very urgent.

However, me and my wife work from home and we have had slow speed for nearly two months as no one has spotted this issue so far, after several calls raised . I work for NHS and my wife is a Council worker, having to deal with huge amount of data everyday . Any effort to increase the speed would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help and effort. This community has been more helpful and I really appreciate that.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Hi @awake84,

Sorry if I have missed something in one of the previous posts. Are you getting the help you need moving over to ADSL2+ or do you need one of the Mod team to help?

Thanks

Matt

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

One of the mod has contacted and have provided my details. I was told someone would have contacted me to give me updates. I am not sure how the switch works

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

@awake84,

I can see your private message in our queue. Once it gets to the top one of the guys in the Mod team will give you a call.

Thanks

Matt