cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 22

Bt Broadband Router restarting at least 3 times a day.

Go to solution

Hi all.

Not sure if this problem has been raised already by other people. I have checked but it is difficult to find the same situation.

It has been a couple of weeks the router keeps resetting/dropping with green light showing up while streaming or working from home. Also the speed has been quite unstable.

I have done a factory reset and that seemed to have resolved the issue, getting a peak of 18,7 mbps which is good. But then yesterday still the same problem of the router dropping. It occurs mostly in the evening.

Is there anything else I can do from my end?

Thank you in advance.

Graziano

0 Ratings
21 REPLIES 21
Message 2 of 22

Re: Bt Broadband Router restarting at least 3 times a day.

Go to solution

@awake84 

Which BT Home Hub are you using?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 22

Go to solution

welcome to the BT community forum where customers help customers and only BT employees are the forum mods

in order for the forum members to help please can you post the stats from your router (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser) and if  HH5 then go to troubleshooting then helpdesk and if HH6/SH2 then advanced settings then technical log information . 

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone. if cordless phone you may hear a 'dull hum' which is normal

enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number   https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 22

Go to solution

I have a BT Smart hub

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 22

Go to solution

Screenshot_20210216-200512_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210216-200700_Chrome.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 22

Go to solution

awake84_0-1613506709510.png

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 22

Go to solution

What about quiet line test.

which master do you have

Keith_Beddoe_0-1577035081757.jpegMaster socket types.jpeg

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 22

Go to solution

i haven t got the landline to test . I use n.4 with a filter to plug the router 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 22

Go to solution

Any further advice? My router dropped again yesterday, twice. Do I need to change router??

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 22

Go to solution

It could be a noisy phone line causing the drops but cannot be proved without trying a phone in the test point. Can you not beg, steal or borrow one? 

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.