cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 22

Re: Bt Broadband Router restarting at least 3 times a day.

Go to solution

I'll buy a cheap one today and test it! 

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 22

Go to solution

Hello. I have done the quiet line test on the master socket ( it s the n.2 style actually) and i can hear like playing an old vinyl. So it s not silent. The router is connected on a n.4 style socket through a filter. Hope you can give some advice . Thank you 

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 22

Go to solution

If you can hear noise on quiet line test which should be silent the need to report phone fault to 151

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 22

Go to solution

Hi. I have reported the fault and I will be contacted by an engineer. After some tests they have done it looks like they have reduced the broadband. Data rate is 6.65 mbps compared to 22 mbps I used to have an hour ago! 

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 22

Go to solution

Hi @awake84  and thanks for posting.

Has the engineer been yet? If so have you noticed any improvement?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 22

Go to solution

The engineer has only called me and said to test the router on the master socket for a few days but I still have trouble . I am not sure if i have to call him back or he is going to call me. 

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 22

Go to solution

Hi, just a quick update. The engineer came and found no issues with my line. So I will have a new router delivered today. Apparently the same model I currently have. Hopefully that would fix the issue.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 22

Go to solution

@awake84 wrote:

Hi, just a quick update. The engineer came and found no issues with my line. So I will have a new router delivered today. Apparently the same model I currently have. Hopefully that would fix the issue.

Thanks for the update @awake84 

Keep us posted on how your broadband is performing when you have the replacement Hub connected.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 22

Go to solution

Hello, I just had the new router delivered. Data Rate is still low,according to the Technical Log. (max speed is around 7mbps) . So I can't say if this can fix the dropping until speed is higher. Is it due to the fault currently open? 

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 22

Go to solution

Hi there. I have been told by BT my speed has been capped. The situation is still the same after a week and after a couple of calls, I still haven't had a phone call from the engineer..

0 Ratings