Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 22

Re: Bt hub 2 Purple light

@mccoy wrote:

Thanks for reply. So nothing to do then? Just wait on connection to come through? 

I would connect a phone to see if you can get dial tone, then you would get some idea when its likely to work.

0 Ratings
mccoy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 22

I dont have a phone Keith.  

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 22

@mccoy wrote:

I dont have a phone Keith.  

Then there is nothing you can do to prove whether there is a fault or not, you will just have to hope and wait. A cheap wired phone is essential when it comes to proving a fault, as if you do not get dial tone, then you will not get broadband over a copper wire.

0 Ratings
mccoy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 22

Thanks for the reply. I have read that page about colours but it isnt clear as to what colour I should be getting before connection is switched on. 

When i was with the previous provider - Plusnet, there was a wire from bottom left on back of hub to this white filter. Yes the filter has a ADSL input and a PHONE input and then a wire going to socket. The wire went into the ADSL input. However, Bt provided a different wire that I can connect straight from bottom left of hub into wall.  So i presume i dont need white filter box as this is simply a convertor? 

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 22

if you needed the filter before and nothing in your home has changed then you need to use the filter again

can you use the wire that was connected to the plusnet router from the filter and connect to the dsl port on the hub

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
mccoy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 22

So you are suggesting to use the Plusnet connection of the filter?  Was this not simply used because the wire provided did not connect into the wall?  

If what you are suggesting is right then BT have not provided the right equipment. 

What purpose does the filter provide apart from being an adopter?

Bt have replied to say as long as hub is purple it is set up correct

Kind regards

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 22

if you have a master socket No 2 which @Keith_Beddoe posted then that is unfiltered and you need to use a filter to get broadband  you are just using an unfiltered extension socket so you need a filter connected then hub connect to filter just like plusnet router

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
mccoy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 22

Ok i understand. So to use the master socket number 2 i need to use the filter to covert it. Thanks. 

0 Ratings
ahmsajid
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 22

@mccoy  I am on the same boat as you. My hub came on 28th and my connection was supposed to be installed on 30th but the openreach engineers won't come due to COVID-19. I connected my phone but do not hear any dial-tone. However, this is the first time I am entering the Openreach ecosystem as I am currently with Virgin Media.

I opened the master socket NTE5a and saw the Terminal AB is connected. So not sure why the openreach engineers cannot just connect my property from the Cabinet.

0 Ratings
mccoy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 22

Hi. Yes BT didnt meet their promise of connection by midnight. Phone lines not working and no reply to emails that I am setting.  If they could not deal with new connection they should have said and I would have stayed with plusnet.  Now their emergency plan has failed as well. Such poor service when i need internet to work from home. 

0 Ratings