cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Skyrox
Message 1 of 5

Can Anything be done?! [200kb/s]

Hello Forum Members/Moderators

I Live 7 Miles around the south side of Loch Rannoch (Dall Esate Area), currently Kinoch Rannoch (where the exchange is) gets around 1.2MB/s roughly 17Mb/s (Sneaky bits and bytes) and 7 Miles around the loch I get 200kb/s, i know all about the loss of speed due to the length of the copper cable, im just wondering if ANYTHING can be done about it, I have heard that fibre is coming to the village but unsure, basically i need some questions answered; 

Is there a Fibre Project actually coming to Kinloch Rannoch?

If the exchange has fibre but the exchange to the house cable is still copper will there beed a 'speed boost' to the copper cable?

Is there ANYTHING i can do to get better speeds?

Why the Hell am i Paying the exact same amount a month for someone who gets 1.2MB/s while i get 200kb/s?

Ive done all the checks, routers, filters, quite line ect ect....

That is all and if Anyone can help awsner these questions I thank you!

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Can Anything be done?! [200kb/s]

@Skyrox wrote:

Hello Forum Members/Moderators

I Live 7 Miles around the south side of Loch Rannoch (Dall Esate Area), currently Kinoch Rannoch (where the exchange is) gets around 1.2MB/s roughly 17Mb/s (Sneaky bits and bytes) and 7 Miles around the loch I get 200kb/s, i know all about the loss of speed due to the length of the copper cable, im just wondering if ANYTHING can be done about it, I have heard that fibre is coming to the village but unsure, basically i need some questions answered; 

Is there a Fibre Project actually coming to Kinloch Rannoch?

check here  https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html  

there is no plans to upgrade Kinloch Rannock exchnage from what I can see

If the exchange has fibre but the exchange to the house cable is still copper will there beed a 'speed boost' to the copper cable?

if exchnage were upgraded it would make no difference to your copper conenction unless your local street cabinet was upgraded for fibre (new cabinet)

Is there ANYTHING i can do to get better speeds?

post the stats from your router but you say you have covered everything  at a distance of 7 miles I am surprised you get any broadband at all

Why the Hell am i Paying the exact same amount a month for someone who gets 1.2MB/s while i get 200kb/s?

Ive done all the checks, routers, filters, quite line ect ect....

That is all and if Anyone can help awsner these questions I thank you!

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Skyrox
Message 3 of 5

Damit running out of options here, can't run a bussiness and do my Hobby with such a low speed...

As for where i heard the Fibre rumor was from a BT Tech working on the exchange.

0 Ratings
John25Roberts
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 5

You could a Private Ethernet Circuit.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

@John25Roberts wrote:
You could a Private Ethernet Circuit.

With the montly rental charges and installation charge, it would be cheaper to move house Smiley Tongue

0 Ratings