cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DavidMc1984
Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Can I be switched to ADSL2+ now please

Hi, ADSL2+ is avilable in my area now can I be upgraded please?

Telephone Number *********** on Exchange DUNOON is served by Cabinet 16

Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

Availability Date

HighLowHighLow    

FTTC Range A (Clean)8062.72020--Available
FTTC Range B (Impacted)76.551.92015.8--Available
WBC ADSL 2+Up to 1--1 to 3.5Available
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex MUp to 1Up to 0.51 to 3.5Available
ADSL MaxUp to 1--0.75 to 2.5Available
Fixed Rate2 ----Available
Other Offerings
Fibre Multicast------Available
Copper Multicast------Available

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Can I be switched to ADSL2+ now please

from reading you previous posts I doubt adsl2 will give you much faster down speed but it will increase your up speed.  the consequence maybe a less stable connection as adsl2 is more aggressive on any line noise which appeared to have increased your noise margin to 9db  see what mods think   they will post a contact us link 

contact mods.jpg

After completing the email NOT PM then you join a queue of other customers waiting for mod help. The mods will get back to you in 3/5 working days either by phone or email

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 3 of 8

Hi DavidMc1984, 

Thanks for your post. Can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile and I will see if upgrading you to ADSL2+ will be best for you. 

Thanks,

OlgaC 

0 Ratings
DavidMc1984
Contributor
Message 4 of 8

Thanks for replies, details sent
0 Ratings
DavidMc1984
Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Hi, just seeing if there;s any update to this, Received a call from bt before christmas saying I will be switched over soon but I don't think there's been much change, the download and upload speed has dropped slightly, so the upgrade order is still going through since it's the busy period?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

can you post the stats from your router please  quite possible a delay due to holidays

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
DavidMc1984
Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Yea figured it would be busy at this time so just checking to see if there was any update.

09:40:06, 24 Dec.(522575.130000) DSL noise margin: 25.00 dB upstream, 6.10 dB downstream
09:40:06, 24 Dec.(522575.060000) DSL line rate: 448 Kbps upstream, 3968 Kbps downstream
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

Speed better than estimated so hopefully adsl2 will be as good if not slightly better

0 Ratings