cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Can I book an upgrade to ADSL2+?

Hello,

I've noticed on broadbandchecker that ADSL2+ is available for my area and I am still on ADSL Max. Is there any way I can book an upgrade? I can't find the option to do so on the "upgrade Broadband" page.

RemiAndreiStanila_0-1613831167692.png

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Can I book an upgrade to ADSL2+?

Potentially very good speeds are available to you from FTTC , yet you want to be moved from ADSL max to ADSL2 where the increase is negligible, in many cases an upgrade to FTTC can be had for no increase in monthly costs ( probably helping toward the retirement of ADSL equipment) so wouldn’t FTTC be a better option ?

Message 3 of 8

It most definitely would but how can I get it?

I tried everything to improve my internet speed. Bought the latest Openreach G.Fast NTE5C filtered faceplate, got new cables: RJ45 to RJ11 Cat5e from faceplate to modem and Cat8 from modem to PC and I even swapped the BT Home Hub 4 with a TP-Link Archer 600 and I've seen my speeds go from 1.4Mbps to 3.1Mbps. But now they went down to 2.4 - 2.5Mbps after almost a week of enjoying 3.1Mbps and I can't figure out why. 

At this point, any upgrade is welcome.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

at present you cannot upgrade to FTTC as checker shows expected availability as April 21.  moving to adsl2 is unlikely to improve your down connection speed but would improve up speed.  however adsl2 is more aggressive on line noise and with a long line like yours it may not be worth the hassle

I would keep using the dslchecker and as soon as you see vdsl/FTTC available then phone options team and see what you are offered to upgrade to fibre 0800800030

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 5 of 8

So I should call 0800800030 if I would like to ask for an upgrade to adsl2+? I really don't want to wait any longer. I've been on this year 2002 broadband speed for the past 9 months and I really want something at least better than this. 

I've had 3.1Mbps and that was ok. I was able to play PC games, watch 1080p videos, stream prime videos in HD if I was doing it one at a time. Now that it dropped again (probably being artificially limited) I am getting constant disconnects, buffering issues with videos and quality dropping in streaming. Even my girlfriend needs to use mobile data to make a hotspot if she wants to study.

If ADSL2+ will give me that up to 3.5Mbps that I can see in dslchecker than I want any improvement I can get.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

please can you post the stats from your router (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser) and if  HH5 then go to troubleshooting then helpdesk and if HH6/SH2 then advanced settings then technical log information . 

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone. if cordless phone you may hear a 'dull hum' which is normal

Which master socket do you have

Keith_Beddoe_0-1577035081757.jpegMaster socket types.jpeg

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 7 of 8

I have the latest Openreach NTE5C G.Fast master socket. I've already called 0800800030 as suggested above and I was told that I can't be upgraded to ADSL2+ but I was redirected to Tech Support with identified an issue with the exchange. It's estimated that it will be fixed by the 25th of this month.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

are you able to post stats from your hub

any noise on quiet line test

not sure what they are going to fix at the exchange but suppose you just will need to wait but even moving to adsl2 will not get you any faster speed

0 Ratings