cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Can I get fibre from my local box?

Go to solution

Just moved into a property and trying to get fibre broadband as my wife and I work from home. I’ve tried to check what broadband I can get, yet all suppliers say only up to 15mb. 

Now when I complete the broadband checker, it says I can get fibre. Am I reading this right from the image below?

If I get my phone line updated, will that give me fibre?

A21A1BB1-90E0-494D-9215-340ED9B25D79.jpeg

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Can I get fibre from my local box?

Go to solution

Fibre to the cabinet infrastructure is there in your area which also serves the property however it looks like the cabinet is full and therefore they have put a waiting list in place.

Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

updating phone like won't change the fact that you street cab is full and there is a waiting list for FTTC connection.. you need to keep checking the dslchecker and as soon as you see 'available' then place an order with your selected ISP

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks for this. I assume this is what the “waiting list” is for?

Would there be actual waiting list with properties on there? How would I get on that waiting list?

or is it just a case of waiting for someone to move out of their home and cancelling their fibre before a slot is free? 

Thanks for confirming.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

No actual list, will be down to whoever sees the availability first. So as @imjolly said, you need to keep checking for a slot & get an order in straight away.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks for confirming. I assume there’s no email alert when this happens?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

No

just checking dslchecker daily

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

I ‘USED’ to work as a CSE for Openreach for over 20 years.

No ‘Waiting List’ ever existed, not in Openreach anyway. Maybe the CP had a Waiting List but I fail to see how it would work as they’d have to coordinate it with the list of every other CP out there.

**Disclaimer for the Moderators** Note I said, ‘USED’ to work as in past tense as in I don’t anymore so there’s really no need to spam me with messages.

0 Ratings