cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 16

Can't play GTA Online with SmartHub2 - how can I fix it? (I can play it through my phone's hotspot)

I've recently moved house.

I took my SmartHub2 with me and my BT service and (after weeks of unresolved line faults), BT finally got my broadband working at my new house.

While I was waiting for the faults to be repaired, BT sent me a Mini Hub.  I was able to play GTA Online on that (on 2Mbps speeds).

Now that the Smart Hub 2 is working, I'm getting 40Mbps speeds (sometimes faster) but GTA Online won't connect.

When it gives me "cannot connect to GTA servers message", I disconnect my BT connection and use the data from my Giffgaff phone - this works too.  So there is nothing wrong with my PC/Firewall/Game - just with the Smart Hub - every works fine unless I use this.

I've done a factory reset on the Smart Hub to see if that would fix it - no change. 

I've added the relevant ports to the portforwarding in the Smart Hub Manager to see if that resolved it - no change.

What is going on?  Why does everything in my house work except GTA Online?

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16

Re: Can't play GTA Online with SmartHub2 - how can I fix it? (I can play it through my phone's hotsp

Should mention - this is on PC
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 16

Re: Can't play GTA Online with SmartHub2 - how can I fix it? (I can play it through my phone's hotsp

have you turned of smart setup  

Turn Off smart setup

Check MYBT and make sure web protect is turned off

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 16

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 16

Thanks for the suggestion.

I've turned Smart Setup off.

Web Protect was already off.

No change - still not connecting.  Using my phone's data via it's "hotspot" for now but it seems ludicrous that this Smart Hub won't let me play the game.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 16

Especially as it was working 4 weeks ago in my last house (exactly the same router, same setup, same distance from the PC, etc)
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 16

Couple of other things you could try.

Disconnect the hub from line for about 30 minutes so that you get a different public IP address.

Try using Google DNS on your PC, 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 16

Already had the Google DNS settings.

Will try to get another Public IP (have done this once already but not since turning off Smart Setup)

Trying to online game via a patchy 3G signal off my phone is making me lose the will to live
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 16

Got a new Public IP address this morning (I checked - it's completely different).

No change - still can't connect

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 16

just tried to connect to GTA online and black screen but it needed flashplayer to be active and once I activated flashplayer then I was able to access site

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings