cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sweetie
Message 1 of 6

Can't report a fault on BT website, can't submit chat form, and called BT and they're CLOSED!

My internet keeps dropping out.  I tried to call BT on 150 several times and a recorded message says they're CLOSED!!

I went into My BT and tried to report a fault (have done so many times in the past, always worked fine) and it gets stuck on the analysis and speed testing pages - just keeps circling.

I went into chat and tried to submit a question and it kept saying 'form couldn't be submitted, there seems to be a technical problem...'

So what's going on at BT tonight?!?!   They been hacked?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Can't report a fault on BT website, can't submit chat form, and called BT and they're CLOSED!

Try phoning 151 tomorrow morning

are the lights on your hub changing colour? Are you using wireless or ethernet or both?

when you used the phone was there any line noise apart from dial tone?  You can check by sailing 17070 option 2 should be silent and best with corded phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
sweetie
Message 3 of 6

Re: Can't report a fault on BT website, can't submit chat form, and called BT and they're CLOSED!

I appreciate I could call tomorrow, but why are they closed - never had this before?

Wireless, always have been.   Hub this evening is going green when it loses it (in the past it's always gone red) but maybe in the time it took me to go upstairs to the hub is maybe was red and just turning to green....

no noise on phone, perfect (had those probs big time in past).

I also just tried to do line test on MY BT and again just get the cirling on the test page...

Can you try it?

0 Ratings
sweetie
Message 4 of 6

I just tried to see if there were any service issues in my area and, guess what, it says "we can't be sure if there's a problem in your area' - honestly, nothing!!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

If you have hh6 post stats  advanced settings then technical log information 

if hh5 then troubleshooting then helpdesk 

are you using the test socket with a filter to see if that helps stability?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
-Richie-
Expert
Message 6 of 6

The repair team or faults are open 24/7, make sure to select the right option when calling, if it detects a different query like sales or billing, it will say closed.

Online support is 7am until 22:45 every day.

0 Ratings