cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MattStewart
Message 1 of 4

Cannot provide me with broadband of any type for 14yrs

Hey guys this is my first time so help very much appreciated.im afraid the story is so long I can't include everything but long story short, I have been onto Bt from November where they had promised me I could get Bt broadband.
So now two months later I am still paying for the broadband but havnt been able to use any of the broadband I'd been promised as it never worked!. And engineer was sent out and simply said I was to far from my exchange and that was the end of it. I have had many many calls to bt including managers etc promising to get it sorted blah blah and then today I was told there was no point in phoning them back as they can't help so now my whole has to just live without broadband.....which is atleast 40 households. I have so much more information if needed but I need advice on where to go next or who could help.
Thanks
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
MattStewart
Message 2 of 4

Re: Cannot provide me with broadband of any type for 14yrs

*my whole area has to live without broadband....
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 4

Presumably, if BT are admitting defeat, they will cancel the contract and refund your money.

Unfortunately, BT are still only required to maintain a telephone line - not broadband.  The government talked about a minimum 2M for everybody a few years back, but did nothing about it.

I'm guessing 3G or 4G mobile phone is limited or non-existant in your area as well.  If there's enough households wanting broadband, you may have to be a bit more creative.  There have been cases where villages have installed their own internet access.  That could be by satellite, a fixed microwave link to a nearby town, and even a fibre running around the local farmers' fields to somewhere where there is a good connection.

0 Ratings
MattStewart
Message 4 of 4

I have a signed petition of all those in my area without broadband and am meeting the head of BT Ireland, Micheal Spiers, with the help of my local MP. Any idea of the type of questions I should ask him? Apart from the obvious ones. Satellites have been fitted in my area and don't provide adequate broadband for the cost of them. Also the 3G is our only form of Internet but with unreliable signal and cost a lot.
0 Ratings