Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Jakster98
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Cant get faster broadband speeds whereas neihbours can

Go to solution

Hi all,

I've recently moved into a property and found out that my both neighbors are on the superfast package and recieve 60 Mbs. Whereas I can only see options for the standard broadband package and can only get ~5Mbs. When I go to the upgrade sections on MyBT it says the faster packages aren't available at my address. Ive used the ADSL checker and found we are all connected to the same cabinet (#10) which is just on the opposite side of the road to our houses. I was wondering if this is some kind of error somewhere and who I could get in contact with as it seems odd that my house can't get the faster speeds. Ive attached the screenshot of my line.

adslScreenGrab.PNG

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Cant get faster broadband speeds whereas neihbours can

Go to solution

@Jakster98 

Do you have a working BT Retail phone line, as the address checker is not very accurate, as it does not reflect the actual physical routing.

The correct information can only be obtained once a working phone line is installed, and the database is updated to include your actual routing.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

if you enter your phone number can you post the results  leave exchange and cab number   https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

post stats from your hub

is your address correct on royal mail database

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Jakster98
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

This is what I get when I put my landline number in. Below it says that its currently not taking FTTC orders due to engineering works. I'm guessing thats the cause of not being able to upgrade.

adslNumberCapture.PNG

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

just need to keep checking until it says you are able to order

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Jakster98
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks guys

0 Ratings