cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Changing from Interleaved to Fast.

Go to solution

Hello,

I woke up this morning and saw that the connection got reset and my ping is around 45 instead of 25. I saw that people are able to request to change the latency mode from interleaved to fast. And I am on ADSL with max down of 20 mbps.

I had fast for the past 3 months. No clue what happened. The Noise margin did go up from 2 to 6 but that always goes up and down every 14 days.

Connection for the past couple months has been stable.

Thank You.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Changing from Interleaved to Fast.

Go to solution

can you post hub/router stats

if your connection is dropping is there any line noise?  dial 17070 option 2  should be silent and best with corded phone

no point getting manually changed to fast until your connection is stable otherwise you will be back interleaved in days

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

BT HUB 5 stats:

Georgio_0-1623144017343.png

I never had a landline, so I cannot test if there is any noise on the line.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

noise on your landline could be the cause of your connection dropping - maybe borrow phone to check?

you will need 3/5 days stable before mods will possibly help with change to fast

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution
Thank you for the help.
I guess I'll wait a couple of days, if not back to fast then I'll ask to change it.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @Georgio,

Thank you for posting. What @imjolly has posted is correct as long as the connection remains stable for the next 3-5 days you should see interleaving being removed from your line automatically.

It would be a good idea to check if there is any noise on the telephone line because if there is that will have an impact on the Broadband. 

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings