cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Janbilton
Message 1 of 6

Connection Keeps Disconecting. Just want to cancel

I feel your pain.  I spent an entire evening speaking to support who eventually decided to send me a new router.  Got the new router and had the same issues so organised an engineer who told me the new router was the problem.  I changed to the old router and still have the issue.  Having had an engineer out in the past for the same issue, I called BT to discuss ending our agreement as it was clear that they couldn't provide a stable connection.  I was with Sky for 4 years prior to BT without a single issue!   I spent the best part of today being told that I can cancel in contract if Tech Support agree that I've had enough of a problem.  30 mins to speak to someone in Tech who tells me that I need to speak to Cancellations and then cuts me off.  I try chat, who call me put me through to Tech who connect me to cnacellations who again refer me to Tech ("You need to ask for a manager or they won't take you seriously" - BT Cancellation Team)).  Another 30 minutes on hold to be told that 'I don't know why they told you to come to us; you need to speak to cancellations".  I take to Twitter and @BTCare try to diagnose my fault all over again and then go silent when I tell then I just want to cancel.  Last word from them was 'I'm sorry you feel that way but you need to speak to the Tech team'.  I give up!  What's worse, it will cost me £175 to walk away.  

Probably the worst 'service' I've ever had the misfortune of experiencing.  If you're out of contract, go to Sky.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Connection Keeps Disconecting. Just want to cancel

Hi @Janbilton and welcome.

I moved your post to start your own thread so we can offer some help with this. I can appreciate you've been through all the tests etc but can you confirm if you're connected to the master socket? Is there any noise on the line? Can you try running a a speed test including the further diagnostics and post the results.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Janbilton
Message 3 of 6

Hi David,

Thanks for your response.  All of these point have been checked by me while on the phone to support and by two differnet engineers.  I ran a speed test and I get <10MB.  It did rally to 20MB after the last engineer visit, but the dropping continiued.  To be honest, the tech issues are disappointing, but the service I've received today is completely shambolic.  I waitied for 30 minutes to get through to the options team (at the insistance of the chat team) to be told I need to speak to techinical so they can put a note on my account to say my tech issues are such that I should be let out of my contract.  I wait 30 minutes to speak to Tech who then cut me off.  It goes on, but I'm tired of this now.  I've told 'you need to do this' and you need to do that - I am the customer and I have to do all of the running.  

It's clear that I've bought something that is not fit for use, so I would like to end our agreement and go back to Sky, who provided a fault free fiber service for 4 years.

Can you help me?

Jan

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Hi @Janbilton,

I can completely understand where you're coming from and I'm sure I can help you. Can you please send over an email with your details? You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile. We're very busy at present so it's taking longer than expected to reply but once you submit your details we'll get to you in turn.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Janbilton
Message 5 of 6

Thanks David - I hope you can help, as BT have failed at every opportunity so far.  I've sent my details over.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Thanks for confirming that @Janbilton.

We're really busy at present so it's taking longer than expected to reply but once you reach the top of the queue we'll be in touch.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings