Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Contributor
0 Ratings

Re: Connection dropping out

Hi, got a phone call last night but I was at work. They told my wife they had mended the fault and were going monitor it over the next 5 days. But when I got up this morning the home hub showed it had lost its connection at about 4 am. The man told my wife it needs to be connected for at least 3 days solid to sort itself out. So will wait and see if I can get to 3 days without loosing connection.
Distinguished Sage
0 Ratings

Post your latest ADSL stats here, when you get a moment, so we can see if the downstream noise margin has been increased.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Forumhelp (Private website) Lots of additional information and help.
You will need to be connected to your home BT Broadband connection to view it, or any links to it that I post on this forum.

Contributor
0 Ratings

ADSL line status
Connection information
Line state	Connected
Connection time	0 days, 7:01:36
Downstream	5,429 Kbps
Upstream	1,059 Kbps

ADSL settings
VPI/VCI	0/38
Type	PPPoA
Modulation	ITU-T G.992.5
Latency type	Interleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up)	3.8 dB / 5.8 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up)	48.0 dB / 23.0 dB
Output power (Down/Up)	0.0 dBm / 12.9 dBm
Loss of Framing (Local)	0
Loss of Signal (Local)	0
Loss of Power (Local)	0
FEC Errors (Down/Up)	12831691 / 4294967264
CRC Errors (Down/Up)	751 / N/A
HEC Errors (Down/Up)	N/A / 0
Error Seconds (Local)	9962

These are the stats from just now. Just had a tp-link wa701nd delivered so gonna try and set that up and hopefully will stop wireless on home hub locking up gonna follow your instructions from the forum. Never done anything like this so fingers crossed.

Distinguished Sage

Provided you follow the instructions to set it up, and load the config file for access mode, then all you will need to do is change the SSID and wireless password to you own liking.

It probably best to turn off the wireless on the home hub, and just use the wa701nd.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You will need to be connected to your home BT Broadband connection to view it, or any links to it that I post on this forum.

Contributor
0 Ratings

Hi, maybe its me but cant find how to set the laptop to a static ip address the instructions show xp but my laptop is windows 7.

Contributor
0 Ratings

Its ok I just plugged it into desktop which is also windows 7 but as its wired option was there so all sorted now instructions were a doddle even for someone who had no idea. These are the stats from router now

ADSL line status
Connection information
Line state	Connected
Connection time	0 days, 8:06:57
Downstream	5,429 Kbps
Upstream	1,059 Kbps

ADSL settings
VPI/VCI	0/38
Type	PPPoA
Modulation	ITU-T G.992.5
Latency type	Interleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up)	3.0 dB / 5.2 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up)	48.0 dB / 23.0 dB
Output power (Down/Up)	0.0 dBm / 12.9 dBm
Loss of Framing (Local)	0
Loss of Signal (Local)	0
Loss of Power (Local)	0
FEC Errors (Down/Up)	15046980 / 4294967264
CRC Errors (Down/Up)	1156 / N/A
HEC Errors (Down/Up)	N/A / 0
Error Seconds (Local)	10019

The noise margin doesnt seem to be getting any better but the home hub hasnt disconnected yet.

Distinguished Sage

The noise margin is fine and the CRC errors are acceptable for an 8 hour period, so leave it alone.

The wireless signal from the WA701ND is vastly superior to the home hub, and I have not found a device that would not connect first time.

Taking the wireless "load" away from the home hub, makes the thing much more stable.

I am pleased that my introductions were easy to follow Smiley Happy

Remember, you can always look at the status of the access point by typing http://192.168.1.15 into your web browser.

You can enable MAC filtering if you want, and even an additional SSID for guests, so you don`t have to give them your main wireless password, which is what I do.

You just select the multi SSID mode, and then you can add the extra SSID, with its own password and MAC filtering.

Contributor
0 Ratings

Hi, tp-link ap seems to be working fine but I cant find how to turn wireless off in home hub. I have looked in all the wireless setting but see no option to turn it off. Cheers

Distinguished Sage
0 Ratings

go to services/ advanced/ wireless select enable /disable

john46 | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
Distinguished Sage

lobsterboy1 wrote:

Hi, tp-link ap seems to be working fine but I cant find how to turn wireless off in home hub. I have looked in all the wireless setting but see no option to turn it off. Cheers

If you are opted in to BT Fon, then you cannot turn it off, but provided that your new wireless access point is at least two channels away, then the home hub should not interfere with it.