Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Judesman
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Connection keeps dropping out.

I am paying for up to 16Mbps download speed but never get more than about 9.5Mbps, but the annoying thing is that my connection keeps dropping out. The orange light on the hub starts flashing and eventually turns blue as I am reconnected. This can happen two or three times a day but not every day and sometimes I can go for a week without any interruptions.  To my knowledge this has happened 30 times in two months but could be a lot more if a dropped connection occurs when I am not at the computer. I have a desktop and my router sits on top of the computer. I am not a techie and some time ago I phoned BT who told me how to disconect the router.  This I did and reconnected but it didn't make any difference and the problem has become a lot worse over the past three months or so. Any thoughts please?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Connection keeps dropping out.

is your hub conencted to the master socket or better still the test socket with a filter?  try quiet line test  dial 17070 option 2  should be silent and best with corded phone  any noise is a fault and needs reported to 151

post stats from hub  if hh5 then troubleshooting the helpdesk

I would move the router to another location and not sit on top of pc

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Judesman
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Thank you for that.  The quiet line test resulted in a very faint hiss not completely silent.

I have moved router to another room and the main master socket, not an extension as before.

Not sure what you mean by hh5.

Let us see what happens, many thanks.

0 Ratings
Judesman
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Connection dropped out again.  I will report noise on line and see what BT has to say.

0 Ratings