Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
dephead2004
Contributor
Message 1 of 55

Connection loss overnight

Go to solution

Over the last 3 nights I restart the PC in the morning to find that there is a loss of BB connection. I go through the rigmarole of rebooting HH4. Also password was changed at first install but now not recognised and I am 3 minute lockout. I have resolved this by factory reset. Connection still drops.

Firmware updated on 23/7/13 to 4.7.5.1.83.8.130.1.10.

Can anyone suggese anything please? There were NO issues on the HH£ which the HH4 replaced w/b 15/7/13

Thanks

0 Ratings
54 REPLIES 54
Message 2 of 55

Re: Connection loss overnight

Go to solution

Hi dephead2004,

Welcome and thanks for posting. Are the problems wireless or cable? Do the lights on the hub change? You might find the answer here but if not give us much information as possible and I’m sure we’ll be able to help.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Welsh
Contributor
Message 3 of 55

Go to solution

Hi Both,

I was just about to start a thread on this when I saw this.

Unfortunately, I have suffered nothing but problems since switching over to BT from Sky. I have had a multitude of issues which I won't go into, however, I am now at a similar point as the OP - ie. I have a homehub 4 that needs reseting every morning as it drops it's speed by half every night. I go to bed with a 3.2mb connection and I wake up with between 1.5 and 1.9mb - I reset it and it returns to 3mb.

I have exhausted all of BT's levels of help - I have basically been told that they have 'never heard of anything like this' and I have been faffed-off with a  'R.A.I.N. or S.H.I.N.E.' explanation that they cannot do anything about - basically, it means there is some sort of power-surge that effects my router intermittently - which is frankly, a tech term for 'we've no idea' - Funnily enough, my Sky BB never suffered such issues and I'm somewhat regretting my switch-over now..

Having googled the issue, it seems there is a ton of people out there experiencing similar things, so I find it pretty hard to accept that I'm some sort of 'freak case' as I've been led to believe.

Anyway, has anyone got any ideas that might help me that BT couldn't provide? - I have read a few things, ie. that the 'HH doesn't like a wired and wireless connection at the same time'...'The only way to resolve this issue is buy a different router' is this really true? 

I am worried that the constant resets will translate as a line issue to the BT servers and my already snail-speed line will be slowed down even further! Please help!

0 Ratings
Welsh
Contributor
Message 4 of 55

Go to solution

Anyone? Smiley Sad

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 55

Go to solution

try quiet line test first to see if any noise  dial 17070 option 2  should hear nothing and best with corded phone from test socket.. if cordless dull hum is normal

as you have a HH4 there a few stats available to help so can you run btspeedtester and when first test completes can you run diagnostic test and post results

btspeedtester

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Welsh
Contributor
Message 6 of 55

Go to solution

Thanks Sage,

I'm in work for the next couple of hours but I will post the stats by late afternoon.

Welsh

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 55

Go to solution

whenever it suits you  there is always someone around

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 55

Go to solution
i do not know were you have heard that the HH 4 does not like a wired and wireless connection at the same time but whatever the source was it is total rubbish and there is no such problem
0 Ratings
dephead2004
Contributor
Message 9 of 55

Go to solution

Hi David M,

The light is blue (as it should be) however it is not doing what a blue light should ie connect to the internet. On reboot it goes through the usual start up colours. The loss of password comes when I try to look at the advanced settings. You wouldn't know it was a problem unless you wanted to do that. Oh and, until reboooted, connect to the internet 🙂

0 Ratings
dephead2004
Contributor
Message 10 of 55

Go to solution

BT Speedtester details, as you can see we are well connected when it works:

Download speedachieved during the test was - 1.98 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 0.4 Mbps-2 Mbps.
 Additional Information:
 Your DSL Connection Rate :2.72 Mbps(DOWN-STREAM), 0.45 Mbps(UP-STREAM)
 IP Profile for your line is - 2 Mbps

quiet line test: I'd say good eg a bee a v v long way away, no crackles and this was a wirelss handset.

I think the problem began after the firmware update on 23/7/13. Can't be sure as had not had it long enough befor ethe update

Does that help?

0 Ratings