Re: Connection loss overnight

Go to solution
you could try a factory reset of the hub that may resolve the problem
dephead2004
Contributor
Message 12 of 55

Go to solution

Thanks for the help. I did try a reset this morning via the hole in the back. Is that what ou suggest?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 55

Go to solution
Yes that is the one
0 Ratings
dephead2004
Contributor
Message 14 of 55

Go to solution

OKJohn46 , that's done and I'll report back after a night. Is it the sleep feature which might cause the problem? I had it turned off on the HH3.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 55

Go to solution

the sleep feature only stops the wifi but internet connection is still ok

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Welsh
Contributor
Message 16 of 55

Go to solution

Hi, I've done the diagnostic tests as requested:

The quiet test seemed to be fairly quiet done using a cordless phone, maybe a faint hum and faint crackle, but nothing that seemed too bad. I've never had any problems with the line whilst being on the phone itself...

The wholesale test revealed the following:

Down: 2.79

Up: 0.34

Ping: 67.5

and the Home Hub reports no faults on the line.

Other Hub details are as follows:

Firmware version: Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.130.1.10 (Type A) Last updated 02/07/13

Board version: BT Hub 4A

I'm guessing this probably doesn't help? Any other ideas on what could be going on here? Could it be the firmware? I'm on the same firmware version as the OP...

I've also seen there is a similar thread about the homehub 3 here:

http://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity/Need-to-Reboot-BT-Infinity-Homehub-every-Morning/m-p/410697/h...

..someone there, wrong or not, also talks about how they reckon it is an issue with wired and wireless connections in use at the same time. Ultimately, it seems the problem wasn't resolved and replacement hubs were reccomended.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 55

Go to solution
The btspeedtester result is the standard test and you need to select diagnostic test after the first test completes. This will show your profile

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Welsh
Contributor
Message 18 of 55

Go to solution

Hi ImJolly,

I did do the additional test and I didn't see any stats, it just told me my line did not have any problems? Maybe I didn't look properly?! Accordingly, I've tried to do it again only now to get the following message:

Your speed test has completed and the results are shown above, however during the test an error occurred while trying to retrieve additional details regarding your service. As a result we are unable to determine if the speed you received during the test is acceptable for your service. Please re-run the test if you require this additional information.

I've re-run it a few times now and I continue to get this message. Any ideas? Many thanks for your help once more.

0 Ratings
Welsh
Contributor
Message 19 of 55

Go to solution

Ok, it has worked now, but it doesn't show my profile, only the speed info once more and the following message:

We were unable to identify any performance problem with your service at this time.
It is possible that any problem you are currently, or had previously experienced may have been caused by traffic congestion on the Internet or by the server you were accessing responding slowly.
If you continue to encounter a problem with a specific server, please contact the administrator of that server in the first instance.

Am I doing something wrong? Smiley Indifferent

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 55

Go to solution
just keep trying give it a few hours the tester can sometime be a little problematical
0 Ratings