Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Welsh
Contributor
Message 31 of 55

Re: Connection loss overnight

Go to solution

Thanks John, I'm just so frustrated with the way I've been treated by BT so far.

My initial problem knocked me offline completely for over a week, I have spent hours on the phone trying to sort out issues, each time being connected to a different call-centre despite having a specific 'pin'. This resulted in other centres sending emails to Newcastle asking them to call me back - none of which happened, even then I was promised follow up calls from the 'wrong' call centre to make sure that I had been called (after I complained), but then even these didn't call! The whole situation has been a bit of a joke.

What riles me further is that when I put my phone number into BT's broadband checker it states:

You can choose BT Broadband now offering:

4Mb *
Estimate download speed

2.5Mb-6.5Mb
Download speed range

Whilst I know all about 'up-to' speeds - I have been told catagorically that my line profile cannot possibly go faster than 4mb, so why, when I add my specific phone number to the website does it state the range is up to 6.5mb for my line when this would be absolutely impossible?? - This is, at best, very misleading...

John, could you advise me if I should reset my line today to get my speed back? Or, is it best if I just leave it at the slower speed now?

Many thanks again for all of your help.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 32 of 55

Go to solution
Leave everything as it is and just wait for the forum mods to post here they will take personal ownership of the problem and give you a single point of contact and provide regular updates of progress
Welsh
Contributor
Message 33 of 55

Go to solution

Thanks John, I'll do just that. I was just browsing through my event log when I noticed that the connection went down at 5.13am in the morning and reconnected a minute later with the slower speed at 1.8mb. I've no idea whether this is any use, but I'll post it below just encase!

05:14:23, 01 Aug.    (29559.890000) DSL is up
05:14:22, 01 Aug.    (29558.940000) DSL noise margin: 16.00 dB upstream, 6.10 dB downstream
05:14:22, 01 Aug.    (29558.870000) DSL line rate: 448 Kbps upstream, 1888 Kbps downstream
05:13:56, 01 Aug.    (29532.810000) CWMP: session closed due to error: Could not resolve host
05:13:56, 01 Aug.    (29532.770000) CWMP: Server URL: https://pbthdm.bt.mo; Connecting as user: ACS username
05:13:56, 01 Aug.    (29532.760000) CWMP: Session start now. Event code(s): '4 VALUE CHANGE'
05:13:56, 01 Aug.    (29532.450000) CWMP: Initializing transaction for event code 4 VALUE CHANGE
05:13:52, 01 Aug.    (29528.600000) DSL is down after 490 minutes uptime
05:13:52, 01 Aug.    (29528.600000) ETHoA is down after 490 minutes uptime
05:13:52, 01 Aug.    (29528.310000) PPPoA is down after 490 minutes uptime [Waiting for Underlying Connection (WAN DSL - Up)]
05:13:48, 01 Aug.    (29524.830000) PPP LCP Send Termination Request [User request]

0 Ratings
Message 34 of 55

Go to solution

Hi Welsh,

I can take a look at your connection for you. Please can you send me in your details using the link found in the "About Me" section of my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
Welsh
Contributor
Message 35 of 55

Go to solution

Thanks Paddy, I'll do that now... For your information, I have so far refrained from reseting my router thus far today, as per John's advice. Many thanks.

0 Ratings
Welsh
Contributor
Message 36 of 55

Go to solution

Hi Paddy, any news on this issue? It's past midnight and my speed is still at 1.8mb so I'm going to reset the router to get my 3mb back. I'll let you know if it holds out overnight.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 37 of 55

Go to solution

it is currently taking 5/6 working days for mods to get back to you - you are in a queue of others waiting for help from the mods

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Welsh
Contributor
Message 38 of 55

Go to solution

Ok, no problems. Thanks Imjolly. Just to let you know has it happened again. Same old story, 3mb last night after reset then 1.9 this morning until I reset the hub. It's like there's some sort of throttling going on that the line never seems to recover from, or maybe the hub's goes to sleep and slows everything down... I don't know, it's extremely annoying though...

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 39 of 55

Go to solution

all the resets can't be helping your profile or noise margin

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Welsh
Contributor
Message 40 of 55

Go to solution

When the speed is slow my profile is reduced to 2mb anyway, it's only the reset that puts it back up to 4mb..

My problem is that when I work from home and the slower speeds really interfere with my day, so it's pretty hard not to resist the temptation. It's also funny that when I spoke to tech support they told me I had no choice but to just live with the resets!

I told the operator that was something I was not prepared to do, he agreed that 'BT had failed with their commitment to me' and added a note to my account allowing me to leave my contract should I wish. I was actually about to argue this case anyway, so I was pleasantly surprised when the option was suggested, accordingly I said I would wait a couple of weeks to see if things improved before I made the decision. I'm hoping something as simple router replacement would solve the issue but I have a bad feeling it may be more complictated than this... Smiley Sad

0 Ratings