Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 41 of 55

Re: Connection loss overnight

Go to solution

if your profile stays at 2mb even when you reset and get connection speed increase up to 4mb then it maybe looks better but your actual download/throughput is controlled by your profile which is still at 2mb

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Welsh
Contributor
Message 42 of 55

Go to solution

It does change though, as you can see from the two readings below:

Before:

1. Best Effort Test:  -provides background information.

Download  Speed
2.74 Mbps

0 Mbps    4 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Download speedachieved during the test was - 2.74 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 1.2 Mbps-4 Mbps.
 IP Profile for your line is - 2.79 Mbps

After:

1. Best Effort Test: -provides background information.

Download  Speed
    1.65 Mbps

0 Mbps    2 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Download speedachieved during the test was - 1.65 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 0.8 Mbps-2 Mbps.
IP Profile for your line is - 1.66 Mbps

The speed difference is noticable as well; once the speed has dropped, Youtube will not stream 720p, once I reset the line it will. It's really strange. :smileyfrustrated:

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 43 of 55

Go to solution

the small amount of information on stats you posted before looked like adslmax with 448 upstream but with your profile changing as speed changes on reset suggest adsl2

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Welsh
Contributor
Message 44 of 55

Go to solution

Quick update. This morning my speed did not drop...

The only thing I did differently was use the internet slightly later at night than usual after coming in from a night out and one other thing:

I'm not sure whether this is coincidence, but I have a TP-Link 200mbps Homeplug linked to the HH's Gigabit port, for the past couple of weeks the secondary unit has been switched off, yesterday I switched it on as I wanted to use the internet in the garden and today I've woken up with no issues. I know I'm clutching at straws here, but is there any strange way that this might affect the router??

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 45 of 55

Go to solution
it could be a cause all you can do is try and see
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 46 of 55

Go to solution

sounds unlikely but anything is possible

0 Ratings
Welsh
Contributor
Message 47 of 55

Go to solution

Unfortunately, it has made no difference, I've had another speed drop this morning... 😞

Looks like I'll just have to hope the Mods can get to the bottom of this.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 48 of 55

Go to solution

easier to wait for mods to get back to you after you sent the email

0 Ratings
dephead2004
Contributor
Message 49 of 55

Go to solution

As the OP, I feel my thread has been somewhat hijacked. No matter, Let me report that my problem has been solved after the reboot following the firmware upgrade. Perhaps it would be good to advise the powers that be to add a note in the advice on firmware upgrades that a reboot might be needed.

Thanks to all for your help. I will mark as solved

0 Ratings
Welsh
Contributor
Message 50 of 55

Go to solution

I'm happy for you dep, unfortunately my issue still lingers. Apologies for jumping on the thread, however initially it looked like we may have had similar problems. But alas, I'm still waiting on a solution.

0 Ratings