Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 51 of 55

Re: Connection loss overnight

Go to solution

@dephead2004 wrote:

As the OP, I feel my thread has been somewhat hijacked. No matter, Let me report that my problem has been solved after the reboot following the firmware upgrade. Perhaps it would be good to advise the powers that be to add a note in the advice on firmware upgrades that a reboot might be needed.

Thanks to all for your help. I will mark as solved

that's great - thanks for updating as it may well help others

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 52 of 55

Go to solution
the restart may have cleared a firmware corruption good news anyway 😉
0 Ratings
Welsh
Contributor
Message 53 of 55

Go to solution

Update: Still no change, speed drops still occuring every morning and speed is gradually getting slower.

So far I have tried changing the powerline socket and adding surge protection should any spikes be affecting the router, removed the powerline adapters and all ethernet connections from the router. Neither of these 'long-shots' have made any difference.

In addition, I don't have BT Sport on any device as I am not the account holder according to BT and no one can seem to resolve this issue by giving me the pin number that my profile if asking for to 'confirm I'm the account holder'. I was told 5 days ago it would be sent by email within 24hrs. I've subsequently been told they can't send me a pin via email, instead I was told it would be mailed to me within 14 days, then I was told that it won't be mailed out, it would be sent by email - Arrrrrgh!!

So, to summarise, since leaving Sky I am:

* Paying more

* Have a slower and completely flawed BB connection

* Receiving a vastly inferior customer service experience

* Wasting hours of my life on prolonged phone calls where no-one seems to have a clue about any of my issues

* Not receiving BT Sport on any of my portable devices

In addition, BT effectively lied about my line profile - it is not 6.5mb as per when I enter my phone number on the website - it is 4mb, nor could it ever be anymore according to BT's own technicians.

I am still waiting for a Mod to look at these issues...

This company is an absolute joke.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 54 of 55

Go to solution

@Welsh wrote:

Update: Still no change, speed drops still occuring every morning and speed is gradually getting slower.

So, to summarise, since leaving BT I am:

* Paying more

* Have a slower and completely flawed BB connection

* Receiving a vastly inferior customer service experience

* Wasting hours of my life on prolonged phone calls where no-one seems to have a clue about any of my issues

* Not receiving BT Sport on any of my portable devices

In addition, BT effectively lied about my line profile - it is not 6.5mb as per when I enter my phone number on the website - it is 4mb, nor could it ever be anymore according to BT's own technicians.

I am still waiting for a Mod to look at these issues...

This company is an absolute joke.

you have left BT?

assuming a typo then mods will contact you but due to the btsports launch they are busy

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Welsh
Contributor
Message 55 of 55

Go to solution

No, not yet!

It is meant to say 'Since leaving Sky' - I will edit accordingly. Thanks for pointing it out.

0 Ratings