cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
klfedup
Message 1 of 5

Connection virtually non existant. Terrible service from BT

I first reported my problems to BT on 29 November.  After 3 visits from engineers, I was told on 20 December that a cable needed replacing.  Since then, I have had various phone conversations with BT who have told me that BT open reach need to work out whether they need traffic lights to complete the job, that I have to understand that it is a big job because they might need to dig up the road.  They are unable to give me any idea about when the work might be carried out.I eventually said that I only wanted to deal this in writing and was told that this was not possible and they were unable to send me a copy of their complaints policy.  I have sent an email to BT but have only received an automated reply.  The government has given millions of pounds to BT to improve services so it is difficult to understand why they are getting worse and their customer services is woeful.

What a clever trick to split the company into two parts.  BT are saying there is nothing that can be done because they are nothing to do with BT Open Reach.

I am unable to work from home and have to drive 5 miles to my local town who have a free wi fi service to download my emails.

BT obviously does not care about its customers

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
klfedup
Message 2 of 5

Re: Is there anybody that i can complain to about BT?

I am trying my best to complain to BT but no one wants to listen

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

Re: Connection virtually non existant. Terrible service from BT

Bt did not split off openreach as a clever trick but had no choice as it was OFCOM who said openreach must treat every ISP the same with no preferential treatment for BT Retail.

does your phone still work?  is this problem only affecting you or also your neighbours?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
klfedup
Message 4 of 5

Phone line is also rubbish.  This is affecting a number of people in my area.  I do not want to discsuss the problem.  I have been told what it is.  I just want someone to inform me when they are going to do the work.  The wait is unacceptable both in terms of getting the work done and the appalling customer services

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Hi klfedup,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community forum.

I'm sorry that you're having problems with your service.  From the looks of it, it doesn't look to be a straightforward repair I'm afraid.

Send over your details and I'll check what's causing the hold up.  Click on my username and under the "about me" section of my profile you'll see the link to get in touch with us.

All the best,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings