cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
clbone
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 54

Re: Constant disconnection, triggered by uploads

Thank you for all of your help Keith. I've sent a message to the moderator, I really hope that this can get solved.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 54

Hi @clbone Thanks for the update and sorry the lift and shift didn't work. I'll seek assistance from from a team who help with complex broadband faults on Monday and see what advice they offer and I'll keep you updated.

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 54

Hi @clbone I called earlier and left a brief message on your voice mail. 

I have a broadband expert looking at your fault for me.
They cannot see any drops in last 2 days is this because you have not uploaded any files in that time?
Can you confirm the size and type of files you are uploading when the fault happens and also are the uploads to the same website?
Will you try and upload a file (when it's convenient for you) and post back and let me know the time the connection dropped?

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
clbone
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 54

Hi John,

Sorry I wasn't around to answer the phone. No, it won't appear as a dropout, the connection on the router appears to still be connected, however all of our devices show 'limited internet' and fail to even load web pages (we've tried 3 different routers now). We're still experiencing them and definitely had some yesterday. The engineer also saw that there was an issue with upload (he was sometimes getting 0 upload and high buffer bloat), although he said the line is fine, nothing on our end here and it's some sort of setting on BTs end.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
clbone
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 54

I just did another bt wholesale test:

Download Speed (Mbps): 6.96 

Upload Speed (Mbps) : 0.36 

Ping Latency (ms): 807

The ping latency shows even higher other times

0 Ratings
clbone
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 54

Hi John,

So I just triggered an upload at around 11:47 and ran the bt speed test at the same time:

Download Speed (Mbps): 0.72 

Upload Speed (Mbps) : 0.08 

Ping Latency (ms): 13628

Thanks,

Charlotte.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 54

Hi @clbone Thanks for speaking with me earlier and as discussed please can you complete a speed test with only 1 wired device connected and no other wired or wireless devices connected. Once completed please can you see if you can complete a Tap3 test.

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
clbone
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 54

Hi John,

I disconnected everything from the router, plugged my laptop directly into the LAN and completed the test without triggering an upload:

Download Speed (Mbps): 15.60 
Upload Speed (Mbps) : 0.67 
Ping Latency (ms): 1053

I found the TAP3 test, changed the router username but it would not run the test, I get the message below:

The Performance Tester is currently unable to run a speed test for your broadband connection. Please try again shortly, however if this problem persists, raise the issue with your service provider.

Thanks,
Charlotte.
0 Ratings
Message 19 of 54

Hi @clbone Thanks for completing that for me. I'll update the experts helping me with this and hopefully it will throw some light on what is causing this problem.

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 54

Hi @clbone The team have tweaked some setting on your broadband connection. Can you test and see if the issue is still happening and post back to let me know.

Cheers
John

0 Ratings