cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 5

Constant disconnection

Hi Everyone!  I'm having problems of constant disconnection when someone uses the phone or whenever someone calls us. It's happening even when the phone is unplugged.  It's been like this for weeks now.  Sometimes the internet just disconnects itself even if no one is using the phone, but most of the time when someone is using it.  I've tried everything I knew to sort the problems out, changing all the filters, plugging it on the master socket, listening to quiet line test(no noise) but still no luck.  I have never had this kind of problem before.  The connections can even last for a month without failing.

Checking my previous post here last January (https://community.bt.com/t5/ADSL-Copper-Broadband-Speed/Request-for-SNR-reset-please/td-p/1709299)   it shows that my connection was adsl_plus (problem was solved),  but now it showing adsl_G.dmt on my router stats. I'm suspecting the fault is coming from the exchange or somewhere outside.  I also heard similar complaints from my neighbours about it.  I hope someone can explain me or help me what I can do.  Thanks in advance! Smiley Sad

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: Constant disconnection

Just to update.  After few minutes of resetting the router it is on ADSL _plus again  

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for posting @spicnspan7. Are you still getting the drops during calls?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 5

Hi @DavidM thanks for your reply, for some strange reason after posting my problem the connection hasn't been disconnected.  It's been running stable for more than a day.  Using the phone doesn't cut the connection either.  I'm quite puzzled but I'm glad it's ok (at least for now).  I'll monitor it for few days then I'll post back here.  Thanks very much again. 

Kind regards

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 5

Hi @spicnspan7,

Thanks for getting back. Hopefully things are sorted but let me know how it goes.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings