cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Constant disconnects

I've had this issue for sometime, though in the past it usually only lasted a few days then went back to normal for maybe a month or two, then the cycle would repeat.  Since March it has gotten worse, happening daily, sometimes I can only get online for 5 minutes before it disconnects.

I did the quiet line test and it is noisy, lots of crackling.  The log on my router shows the dchpv6 resetting.  I've read that this can happen when there is noise on the line.  At the moment I can't post the whole log as I am using my phone 4g.  The router goes solid orange, then flashing orange then back to blue, usually taking a few minutes.  Sometimes it goes purple first.  The frequency of the outage is somewhat random, sometimes I get a few hours fine, other times it will happen 2 or 3 times an hour, to a few times every 10 minutes.

I've went through the trouble shooter but it says to contact BT but obviously that is a bit tricky at this moment in time, it isn't really a viable option. 

I don't know if anyone has any suggestions, trying here as a last resort to fix it, I am not a telecoms engineer but if there are things I can try, otherwise I'll change supplier, doubt it will fix the fault but at least I won't be paying so much for the trouble.  

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Constant disconnects

Why can’t you report a fault if the line has a fault, and TBH , changing provider , accepting that the fault will likely remain but ‘at least I won’t be paying as much for the trouble’ seems a bizarre outlook.

If the line is noisy , testing with a know fault free phone from the test port, should be sufficient for you to  get your line reported faulty (noisy) , OR repair the noise fault , broadband becomes stable.

It’s unclear why you haven’t already done this.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

I agree with @iniltous report the phone fault to 151  not broadband

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

You can't get through...30 minute wait. Hung up. Chatlines closed (15:00)!
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Aye it had been impossible to get through.

Thank you for the suggestion if reporting it as a line faults that's why I posted in here as a last resort, managed to get an engineer booked so hopefully it will get fixed

0 Ratings