cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 15

Re: Continuous Resets of SmartHub2: Copper Broadband

Go to solution

Well you can see you can upgrade to FTTC and get expected range 49/35mb and the your cabinet is available. Huge difference to your current 2/3mb

if you decide to upgrade then phone options team and see what deal you can negotiate 0800800030

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 12 of 15

Go to solution

Thanks again @Keith_Beddoe . The information you've provided is very interesting and very useful.

In particular I was intrigued to learn that the Home Hub 4 is more suitable than the Smart Hub 2 for an ADSL service, since I am actually using a Smart Hub 2. I think I have a working Home Hub 4 somewhere though and will give it a try. I do however vaguely recall that I'm on ADSL2+.

It's also very useful to know more about the different relays that are used, and the plethora of joints in the exchange. And I'm pleased to now know why the upstream speed seems to suffer the most during episodes of noise. When it does so I can indeed hear the noise on the phone.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 15

Go to solution

Thanks @imjolly and @Keith_Beddoe . I will probably pursue the option of an upgrade.

Perhaps you'd let me know if I can mark both of your last posts as the Accepted Solution. If not, I'm not sure what to do however because you've both been very helpful!

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 15

Go to solution

looking at your stats you are on adslmax but a change to adsl2 would not help your down speed but would improve your up speed - vdsl is way to go to get better faster connection

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 15 of 15

Go to solution

Thanks to all who helped me by posting replies to my post.

I recently upgraded to Fibre 1 and have been very pleased with the results. Aside from the higher bandwidth, which will certainly be useful, the service has been stable which is what I needed most.

I availed myself of a 'January Sale'. or some such, and was pleasantly surprised at how little extra the new service costs. It's a two-year contract, and I was also able to switch to an Anytime deal for voice minutes. This is a  great improvement on my previous evenings and weekends calling plan, not least because I'm not now charged punitive rates if I talk for more than an hour.

0 Ratings