cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
shawrangutan
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Could my Archer VR400 router be causing high packet loss / reduced internet speed?

Hi,

I've been experiencing fluctuating internet speeds and line drop outs for months. Currently when I play games I received constant notifications in-game saying I am getting severe packet loss. We finally had a BT engineer come round yesterday who reported nothing wrong with our wiring, and recommended I switch out the phone line splitter - I did this, but it has not brought our net speed to what I used to experience (used to get consistent 10mbps, now it's typically around half that) and still getting high packet loss.

I can't see how it could be anything other than my router at this point. Is that possible?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Could my Archer VR400 router be causing high packet loss / reduced internet speed?

Can you post stats from your router

have you tried using the test socket with a filter to see if connection improves

enter phone number and post results remember delete number  http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

Re: Could my Archer VR400 router be causing high packet loss / reduced internet speed?

Is your phone line working, and is there any noise on your phone calls?

0 Ratings
shawrangutan
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

I have not tried the test socket, I'll give it a go tomorrow. See if you can make anything of these numbers though! Let me know if you want to see any other stats.

speed test.JPG

dsl.JPG

adsl checker.JPG

0 Ratings
shawrangutan
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Landline phone is working perfectly, no static or noise on the line - just did the quiet lline test to confirm.

0 Ratings