cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
15Degrees
Message 1 of 3

Crackly Phone Line causing Internet Diconnections

Hello Guys

I'm a month in on this one and expecting my third BT Engineer visit tommorow morning. Essentially my phone line became crackly a month ago now and this of course leads to constant internet disconnection when it's bad.

Each time I ring India they confirm they can hear it but each time the engineer comes out it all tests out ok.

Tommorow I am having a visit from a Broadband boost engineer whatever that is.

The last two engineers have both said the house wiring is all ok so obviously the fault/break in the wire is undeground I guess as the last one checked the pole and also the exchange.

Anything more I can do outside of not being able to work from home and spending my life talkiing to automatons in India?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Boudges
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: Crackly Phone Line causing Internet Diconnections

If the crackling occurs while connected to the test socket and the setup in your home is A ok, then the problem is down to an engineer to fix. Others on the forum who have more exp than me might be able to suggest otherwise
If you liked a post, please click on the 'Ratings star' on the left hand side of the post.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 3

Re: Crackly Phone Line causing Internet Diconnections

Have you tried the quiet line test dial 17070 option 2 you should hear no noise if you can hear noise then it needs reporting to BT faults on 151 with no mention of broadband in the call a noisy phone line does not need a boost engineer you need a line engineer it s not a broadband fault
0 Ratings