Hi, Would any mods on here be able to reset my DLM banding as I am currently getting extremely slow speeds on my BT broadband. We are getting approx 0.3 mbp/s downstream so is incredibly slow. We have been back and fourth with BT over the phone and nothing has resolved the issue. With my researching on the community forum, it looks like I have been put in the bottom band due to my connection being unstable. This was made worse as my family has been constantly rebooting the home hub to try to fix the slow speed which has made the speeds progressively worse (as we did not know at the time that this would get us banded by DLM)
Here is the details of the homehub and a summary of what has been done so far:
1. Product Name: HomeHub4
2. Serial number: +076281+1437015049
3. Firmware version: v0.07.04.01235-BT (Type B) Last updated 11/3/2017
4. Board version: 01A
5. DSL uptime: 0 days, 03:35:35
6. Data Rate: 1197 / 572
7. Maximum Data Rate: 1192 / 8852
8. Noise Margin: 5.9 / 23.3
9. Line Attenuation: 23.7 / 37.5
10. Signal Attenuation: 24.0 / 41.3
11. Data sent/received: 20.6 MB / 447.3 MB
12. Broadband username: email@example.com
13. BT Wi-fi: Yes
14. 2.4GHz wireless network/SSID: BTHub4-5SCJ
15. 2.4GHz wireless connections: Enabled (802.11 b/g/n (up to 144 Mb/s))
16. 2.4GHz wireless security: WPA & WPA2 (Recommended)
17. 2.4GHz wireless channel: Automatic (Smart Wireless)
18. 5GHz wireless network/SSID: BTHub4-5SCJ
19. 5GHz wireless connections: Enabled (802.11 n (up to 300 Mb/s))
20. 5GHz wireless security: WPA2 Only
21. 5GHz wireless channel: Automatic (Smart Wireless)
22. Firewall: Default
23. MAC Address: 18:83:bf:aa:8c:b9
24. VPI/VCI: 0/38
25. Modulation: G.992.5(ADSL2+)
26. Latency type: Interleaved
27. Software variant: -
28. Boot loader: 0.4.3-BT (Mon Jun 9 14:23:56 2014)
We have rebooted router many times and reset to factory defaults. Also reseated all cables.
Very slow speeds are present on devices on a wired ethernet cable.
We had a new microfilter installed
No audible noise on the line when performing the quiet test on the 17070 number.
The router is currently plugged into the master socket test socket/port.
BT have confirmed they have no issues with the line/exchange in our area.
We have organised to have BT infinity installed in the new year but we desperately need our current broadband working ASAP. I understand that to have the DLM banding profile reset you need to post 3+ days of a stable connection. All of my family has been advised by myself to NOT TOUCH THE ROUTER OR ANY OF THE CABLES ETC. UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES! If I can maintain a stable connection for three days and post on here, can my banding profile be reset please?
Any furthur details, questions or tests required let me know and I will hapily do so.
PS I am posting on behalf of a family member that is not very tech savvy so if you need the details of the account holder please let me know.
If you can repost router stats showing 3+ days connection time then we can get mods to help get you out of banding. The banding should start to release automatically after 3/5 days stable connection