Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wref
Contributor
Message 1 of 54

DLM Reset

Go to solution

Hi,

I’m a new BT customer, less than a week in, after hub and equipment changes DLM has made a couple of changes to my line.

I asked live chat for a DLM reset today, and after a connection drop it returned exactly the same.

My line isn’t that long, my downstream attenuation is 19.0dB, the line can handle an SNR of 6dB all year to be fair, it’s currently sat on 12dB.

It’s working ok to be fair, but I’m connected to a SamKnows white box and I’ve noticed that my downstream throughput has dropped significantly.

Is there any chance that I could get a Dynamic Line Management reset if possible please? Or a Signal to Noise Ratio of 3,6 or even 9 decibels would be an improvement I’m sure.

Thank you...

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
53 REPLIES 53
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 54

Re: DLM Reset

Go to solution

can you post stats from your router

Bt don't normally do any reset before you have been conencted for 10 days

has router been dropping connection or have you been resetting the router or a combination of both which would cause the high noise margin

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Wref
Contributor
Message 3 of 54

Go to solution

Sure thing boss...

2883BEBF-1F00-4AEF-A104-1C19E53B3CB4.jpeg

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 54

Go to solution

stats don't show internet connection time

BT won't reset your connection during your first 10 days

you have a good connection which will get even better but you need to maintain a stable connection and DLM will drop your noise margin with corresponding speed increases

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Wref
Contributor
Message 5 of 54

Go to solution

Ok chief...I’ll wait, from my understanding DLM will automatically try a faster profile after 48 hours of error free stability.

It’s my fault, playing around with my 3rd party router...

Many thanks for the advice.

0 Ratings
Wref
Contributor
Message 6 of 54

Go to solution

3 days later...

My 18mb line is now running at under 6mb, it struggles to stream any video.

I’ve never seen any numbers like this before, 18dB SNR, Interleaver Depth 416, INP 7.50...

BT have already dropped below the minimum speed estimate that they gave me for my line at signup, and my SamKnows whitebox is monitoring with super accurate metrics.

Downstream throughput on SK is now showing as under 5mb...

DLM overkill..?

I have monthly reports from my SamKnows whitebox at this same adddress for the past couple of years, I think that I should post them? As they all make this current BT service look like absolute kak.

5548624E-EE2F-4072-8938-3FF243531967.jpeg8F09491B-557D-4F15-9663-3F5AB646C0F6.jpeg

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 54

Go to solution

again there is no connection time shown for the internet but from your stats you are in a banded profile which means your conenction has been dropping/resetting often causing the DLM to see your line as unstable  the result is high noise margin and banded profile

until you can get a stable connection 24/7 for at leats 3/5 days you are not going to improve your speed  a DLM reset reducing your noise margin to normal will only give you a faster speed for a very short time as the continued conenction drops/resets will again result in banded profile

need to find cause of drops in conenction

are you currently using the test socket with filter to eliminate internal wiring and faulty faceplate

Wref
Contributor
Message 8 of 54

Go to solution

Connection time is currently 16 hours ish, It would be longer...but alas DLM is on a mission to destroy any connectivity...it feels like dial up.

Socket and router are both fine, a DLM reset is exactly what I need, this line can handle 3dB SNR with low interleaving just fine and dandy.

SamKnows whitebox figures help supply Ofcom data, it’s British Telecommunications that’s currently looking stupid...not me.

Bring back Buzby ftw...lol.

Look at my average downstream throughput for last month from Origin ISP:

900CB2C3-D83A-4511-90C8-B95795AD6E06.jpeg

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
Wref
Contributor
Message 9 of 54

Go to solution

I just telephoned the BT tech team, brilliant they have just fixed my downstream problems.

But...completely screwed up my upstream in an unbelievable way, 33dB SNR wtf...so funny!

I actually thought that I was dealing with highly trained IT professionals...not malicious minded children.

5911AFFB-370C-4F6D-A5BE-C6BDA3EEDE84.jpeg

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 54

Go to solution

noise margin been reset back to normal 6db hence speed increase  hopefully your conenction will remain stable otherwise banding will be applied again