Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wref
Contributor
Message 11 of 54

Re: DLM Reset

Go to solution

Yeah great mate...

But, what part of 33dB SNR upstream is right?

No ISP uses numbers like that...they pulled them straight out of the stupid hat.

Please compare the upload/upstream statistics that I have already posted on page 1 of this thread.

The upstream was fine before I called and it was already set on the default BT ADSL profile settings.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 54

Go to solution

I would go back to whoever you spoke to before and get then to fix the up speed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Wref
Contributor
Message 13 of 54

Go to solution

I telephoned them back, friendly geezer told me that I need to wait at least 72 hours before they can make anymore changes, and that it might still work itself out.

Perhaps even funnier was the lass before, that was telling me how the BT homehub contained DLM and that’s why I should use it.

I always thought that it was an automated software configuration/script at the dslam/exchange...lol, silly old me.

They were all very polite and friendly though to be fair.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 54

Go to solution

It may work itself out but from previous posts I doubt it and think you need to go back and get it reset

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Wref
Contributor
Message 15 of 54

Go to solution

I’ll wait a week or so before doing anything else...see if it finds it’s feet.

Give it the benefit of doubt and all that...I’d rather not contact them and/or moan at all to be perfectly honest.

It can become a stressful chore, funny old breed ISP support, it’s like rolling dice sometimes, UNO and Zen are without doubt second to none thus far, makes me bloody kick myself for leaving them. A very high level of technical support and network knowledge. Pick and choose your own line profile, no auto DLM. No billy bull, professional technical support that wants you to be happy. Those two ISP’s actually make you feel like a valued customer, and not just an account number.

I thought Plusnet (owned by BT) and TalkTalk were bad enough...BT is in that same ball park at the moment.

Had residential and business, same bucket of...just a different name and price.

Origin Broadband (provisioned by Plusnet) actually surpassed themselves, surprising stuff.

I would love to try Andrews & Arnold, I reckon that’s the sweet spot performance wise, expensive service though hey.

Thanks once again for the replies and input, I really do appreciate it.

0 Ratings
Wref
Contributor
Message 16 of 54

Go to solution

I might try this out if all else fails...It looks very interesting hey..?

I think that I might have developed some kind of upstream fault on my BT line all of a sudden..?

56349D03-88D0-4592-9C49-32666A328189.jpeg

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
Wref
Contributor
Message 17 of 54

Go to solution

Joking aside, I really think that I can help you fix it.

Now I’m no industry expert by any stretch of the imagination...but:

Step 1: Set upstream SNR at 6dB with interleaving off aka fastpath

Step 2: Check Step 1...rinse and repeat

It really is all so simples...oh the irony, it’s all fun and games around here.

Food for thought, BT, BToR, BTRetail, BTWholesale, Plusnet, and EE (all BT owned) running the majority of the countries broadband infrastructure, from copper to fibre, cabinets and exchanges, and you honestly think that a target margin of 33dB is an acceptable QoS?

Quite shocking to be fair. I expected more.

0 Ratings
Wref
Contributor
Message 18 of 54

Go to solution
Just another interesting observation that I wanted to add.

I’m thinking that this line with a Attenuation of 19.0dB at 6dB SNR downstream should be capable of 20608kbps.

But I can see that my line rate won’t ever exceed 19299kbps, and that’s because you’ve banded/capped me on a up to 17mb profile service, even though my line could in fact be capable of giving me more performance and speed.

It could go 18mb+ but you won’t let it.

Restricted downstream and upstream, why are you deliberately slowing customers down?

I always thought that BT’s main ethos was to help to speed up the nation?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 54

Go to solution

your down connection is not capped or banded but initially set by the noise margin set at normal 6db  if your line can get a stable connection, which from previous stats has been the problem, then the DLM will reduce your noise margin down to 3db which will then increase your connection speed to attainable or thereabouts - stable connection for days/weeks need though

your up speed is certainly far to low and could be banded and from other posts you probably nee to go back to the tech to got you out banding and get sajme done to up conenction

Wref
Contributor
Message 20 of 54

Go to solution
Edit post time expired, that’s 19229kbps* above.

Attainable rate and actual sync rate give the game away, way too much left in reserve.

Looking through a list of BT line profiles the up to 17mb is a perfect match for my current downstream sync cap.
0 Ratings