cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 16

DLM reset please

Go to solution

Hi all,

After a week of constant restarts , I finally sourced the problem as a faulty HH4 and have now replaced it with another one and all has been well since.

however, the dlm has decided predictably to increase my SNR to 10. 

would appreciate if a mod could arrange a reset of the line to get things back to normal. Cheers.

Product Name:HomeHub42.Serial number:+076281+17410021913.

Firmware version:v0.07.06.25060-BT (Type B) Last updated [Unknown]4.

Board version:01B5.

DSL uptime:6 days, 00:00:456.

Data Rate:896 / 2720.Maximum Data Rate:1116 / 3704

Noise Margin: 11.0 / 9.79.

Line Attenuation:31.5 / 48.5.

Signal Attenuation:0.0 / 48.511.

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16

Re: DLM reset please

Go to solution

Hi @w4481

Thanks for your post and welcome back!

Sorry to see your broadband speed is slower than what it should be.  I'm pleased that you've found the source of the problem you were having.

Can you give my colleagues in the helpdesk a shout first of all?  You can reach them on 0800 111 4567.  Just explain the situation and ask them to perform the reset.  The reason I'm suggesting this is that we are such a small team and it would take us a few days to get round to picking up your case.  If the reset was done today you'd get the full speed back sooner than that.

Post back and let me know how you get on.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 16

Go to solution

as you have an adsl connection not vdsl your line should correct itself in 7/10 stable connection - just needs a noise margin reset nothing to do with DLM

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 16

Go to solution

Hi Robbie,

I rang the number above, explained the situation, told her hub has been replaced , she then asked was I an engineer, I said ‘no’ and she just hung up! 😂

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 16

Go to solution

Hi @w4481 

Thanks for posting back.

I'm sorry that happened.  I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Please bear in mind that as we are a small team it will take us a few days to get round to picking up your case.  We'll give you a shout as soon as we possibly can.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 16

Go to solution

Hi Robbie,

Tried again and got a much nicer chap this time.

He wants me to use a new hub they are sending out, should be here tomorrow, I amssuming it is a newer Broadcom based one to see how it goes. Then he’s going to ring me back on Saturday and if no improvement take it from there.

so I’ll let the tec team do their thing to save you guys any hassle as you’s are busy and if the line doesn’t return up to normal speed after a week or so I’ll message you then 👍

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 16

Go to solution

@w4481 wrote:

Hi Robbie,

Tried again and got a much nicer chap this time.

He wants me to use a new hub they are sending out, should be here tomorrow, I amssuming it is a newer Broadcom based one to see how it goes. Then he’s going to ring me back on Saturday and if no improvement take it from there.

so I’ll let the tec team do their thing to save you guys any hassle as you’s are busy and if the line doesn’t return up to normal speed after a week or so I’ll message you then 👍

Nice one @w4481 

Grand job!

If you do need our help you know where we are.

All the best,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 16

Go to solution

Sent a private message to John there, but of o W of the mods have time, would you mind having a look to see what is happening? Told today reset was done on Saturday, but this hasn’t taken place as nothing has changed.

Cheers

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 16

Go to solution

@w4481 wrote:

Sent a private message to John there, but of o W of the mods have time, would you mind having a look to see what is happening? Told today reset was done on Saturday, but this hasn’t taken place as nothing has changed.

Cheers

Hey @w4481 

Thanks for posting back!

I know from previous experience that it can take 48-72 hours for the reset to kick in.  Can you hold off until after that time as it may being processed?

Post back if you're still having the same problem after that time and we'll be happy to pick up.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 16

Go to solution

the only reset CS are likely to do is just rest your router and probably not make any change to your connection.  is your connection time in hub stats 6 days plus or has it dropped/reset

you need your noise margin reset to 6db which will bring speed up to attainable

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings