Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 18

Re: DLM

Go to solution

As far as I'm aware it will just reset it to the 6dB figure, I don't think it is possible for the mods to set it to any other value.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 12 of 18

Go to solution

Thanks for the reply, so they couldn't reset the snr to be 18 which would lower the connection speed.?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 18

Go to solution

I don't believe so, no. The Billion trick certainly works though, before our village was enabled for FTTC I used a Billion to squeeze the last bit of speed out of an exceedingly long line.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 18

Go to solution
It would help if you explained what you gaming problem is as changing speeds should not really affect gaming also can you post the stats from your Router/hub
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 15 of 18

Go to solution

The problem with my online gaming is for example, yesterday earlier in the day Battlefield 1 was playing perfectly smooth at the 8.0 mb profile, good hit detection and no jitter etc.

The line reset in the afternoon to the 8.8 profile. and immediately the poor hit detection / jitter issue started and this has been the same issue each time the line is reset. 

They eventually bring the profile back down again to the lower level after a few weeks and gaming is noticeably better.  At times they have raised the profile  to almost 10mb D/Load and it seemed worse at the higher levels. (Not sure how to post stats HH4).

If there is no way to prevent the line resetting then I have to either live with it or go with the new router suggestion, thanks for your help I appreciate it.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 18

Go to solution

@john46 wrote:
It would help if you explained what you gaming problem is as changing speeds should not really affect gaming also can you post the stats from your Router/hub

I suspect the OP's line is operating on the boundary between 8.8M and 8.0M. DLM will try to maximise the speed and try to operate at 8.8M until the error rate, which will affect gaming due to the need to retransmit all the time, passes the threshold and reduces the sync speed to 8.0M where the error rate decreases once again and the cycle begins again. Setting the SNRM to, say, 9dB or even 12dB will stop the errors.

Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 18

Go to solution
Get a billion
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 18 of 18

Go to solution

Thanks for your help everyone, I now understand the issue better and also what the possible options are if I want to pursue a new routter.

0 Ratings