Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 26

Re: DSL Modulation - ADSL_G.dmt

Go to solution

at least now looks like more stable with 3+ days connection time.  with your attenuation a move to adsl2 will make little difference to your down speed but probably increase your up speed by about 100%

@DavidM  may now consider upgrading to adsl2

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 12 of 26

Go to solution

Thanks @imjolly 

@jamben1864  I can get the order placed to move you over to ADSL2 if you wish. As mentioned it might not do much for you download speed but should improve the upload. If that's something that interests you drop me a message with your details. I've sent you a Private message explaining how you can contact the forum moderation team.
Check here: https://community.bt.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 13 of 26

Go to solution
Hi there,

Has any one told you it looks like your internal wiring is likely toast?
Try removing 'Bell wire' No.3 from face plate, you removed face plate to plug into the loft, attached to house extensions. Try Googling it.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 14 of 26

Go to solution
Also if you replace wiring with cat5 you may well get same connection speed in your office instead of braving the loft. Youtube it.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 26

Go to solution
I would take up mod offer to upgrade to adsl2

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 16 of 26

Go to solution
And then upgrade wiring and get out of the loft. Not one or the other.

Wiring cat5 extensions easy in comparison to 17c farm house getting cat5 from loft to where you want it may be very hard.

Do both if you can. At least 100% upload increase in loft.

Going direct into master socket does not fix anything but if things get better you need to fix what was plugged in there.

If you don't and openreach visit your house to fix a fault and it's your wiring you will be £95 out of pocket. They may or may not fix your internal wiring for £95 it could be more.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 17 of 26

Go to solution

You  make a good point @DiggerOfTrenches . Certainly if connecting to the test socket has improved things it could mean whatever was connected previously could be at fault. Installing an extension is always an option.

We haven't received any details from you @jamben1864 so if you still require help please drop us a line and we'll take a look at this for you.

Cheers

david

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 26

Go to solution
HI David,

I replied to your message back on the 20th April.

Yes I'll definitely have to look into the extension issues

Thanks,
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 19 of 26

Go to solution

Hi @jamben1864  and thanks for getting back.

I'm sorry we didn't get back to you in time. @JohnC2  will pick this up and will be in touch shortly.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 20 of 26

Go to solution

Hi @jamben1864  I called earlier sorry I missed you. I've checked on your order to change over to ADSL2 and Wholesale have advised that there will be a delay. The order is expected to be completed by the 17th of this month. I will check again after this date. If in the meantime you notice the changeover has been completed post back and let me know. 

Cheers
John

0 Ratings