cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
George16
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Disconnections not get resolved, What can i do now?

Go to solution

Hey, i got bt broadband around 7/8 months ago. Since day 1 i have had constant disconnections with about 6 engineer visits doing guess work and 3 hubs. About a month ago i rang up and spoke to a man and he did something different over the phone to all the others i had spoken to, am not sure what he did but i noticed my sync speed dropped by about 1/3. After that i had no disconnection for about 8 days, then it started again. i noticed my sync speeds climbing back up but it seemed with each climb the disconnections got more frequent and now im back where i started. I have been on the phone again and they have ran tests ect and they said they cant see no fault and cant do anything. What can i do now? I am paying for this.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Disconnections not get resolved, What can i do now?

Go to solution
Seems like you need your noise margin at a higher level to prevent drop outs. I'm not sure if it can be fully fixed at a higher level or if it gets set and then gradually reduces with like stabilty.

In theory, DLM should keep your line at a point where it's stable but that doesn't seem to be the case hereZ
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
George16
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Can i get margins ect changed? Sorry im a noob at all this 🙂

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

can you post stats from your hub please

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
George16
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Capture1.PNG

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

if you have had all these engineer visits and still can't stop the disconenctions even in test socket then maybe mods can increase your noise margin to 9db and see if that solves the problem  it will reduce your conenction speed  unfortunately the DLM will eventually reduce your noise margin back to normal 6db   mods will post here  

contact mods.jpg

After completing the email NOT PM then you join a queue of other customers waiting for mod help. The mods will get back to you in 2/3 working days either by phone or email

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

@George16 Please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details and we'll be happy to help. You can find the link by clicking on my username .

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings