Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Techwizz
Aspiring Expert
Message 11 of 107

Re: Dlm optional?

Go to solution

Yes, when I was on ADSL, I had the same problem. It was caused by a high resistance joint fault that developed in storms. At first, this meant that using the landline would cause the broadband to drop out, and then as it matured, the line became generally noisy and the broadband nearly unusable. Unfortunately, the target SNRM in the Billion will become useless once DLM takes a hold of it. It needs to be reset in order for that to work again.

0 Ratings
warrenshaw22
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 107

Go to solution
That's sounds about right, can't wait until hopefully sometime our exchange gets upgraded for fibre, not too hopeful though.
Would you say in the future it might be better for me to actually turn the modem off when the next bad weather hits and leave it off overnight as dlm should not pick this up as a fault incase the same happens again?
If you wouldn't mi d giving me the link to contact the mods I'll get that done. Thanks very much for all your input
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Techwizz
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 107

Go to solution

Yes, in the short term. I would love to, but unfortunately I'm not a "CL", so either a "CL" or a mod will have to pick this up.

Whilst you are waiting, do you mind answering a few questions?

When it's stormy, is the line noisy? Do you find that using the phone causes the broadband to drop out (ringing in/out)?

0 Ratings
warrenshaw22
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 107

Go to solution
To be honest, I can't be too sure, it is very seldom we would use the house phone at all, only really have the line for the broadband.
Although next time there is a storm, I will be sure to do a noise test and make a few calls to see what happens.
Hopefully a mod will pick this up, trying to get sorted before Xmas if possible, my son getting an xbox and will have heart attack if the online gaming is rubbish! 😂
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 107

Go to solution

@warrenshaw22

You need to  do a check for noise now, othewise your speed may not recover.

Dial 17070 and select option 2, there should be no noise between the announcements.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 107

Go to solution

the stats don't show connection time but system uptime which is something different  normally with adsl2/2+ banding should start to release in 3/5 days stable connection time and often in stages with noise margin dropping 3db and speed increasing

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
warrenshaw22
Aspiring Expert
Message 17 of 107

Go to solution
Just happened to notice an open reach van on my road there and went to speak to him, he said there is a fault in the line down the road which had caused my problem, other houses in the road effected too.
The up time is the same as the connection time as it was a router reset. The noise test is fine.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 107

Go to solution

is there not somewhere it actually shows internet connection time as that may explain why banding is not releasing

sorry but that sounds like engineer speak for 'leave me alone'  maybe wrong

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
warrenshaw22
Aspiring Expert
Message 19 of 107

Go to solution
Rate - Upstream (Kbps) 886
Line Rate - Downstream (Kbps) 2074
Default Gateway / IPv4 Address pppoa0 (DSL) / 86.141.12.187
Connection Time 5D 3H 51M
Primary DNS Server 1.1.1.1
Secondary DNS Server 1.0.0.1
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 107

Go to solution

thanks

the more I look at your stats the less it looks like you are in a banded profile.  your max attainable speed is now only 2268kpbs. with your attenuation a connection speed of about 3.5/4mb is esimated on a good line

I think your speed is just low due disconnections   have you tried using the test socket with a filter to eliminate internal wiring and master face plate as causing problems

0 Ratings