Re: Dlm reset ease

Go to solution
Is it possible a mod could pick this up for a reset? Thanks
0 Ratings
Message 63 of 107

Go to solution

Hey @warrenshaw22,

As you recently spoke with @NeilO about this I've sent him a message asking that he picks this up over the weekend for you when he's in Smiley Happy

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 64 of 107

Go to solution

Surely a straightforward reset is pointless as has been done a few times with the same result - it does not last - hence why a solved marker on this thread was removed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
warrenshaw22
Aspiring Expert
Message 65 of 107

Go to solution
That's great, thanks a lot, most appreciated 👍😊
0 Ratings
Highlighted
warrenshaw22
Aspiring Expert
Message 66 of 107

Go to solution
Well, think I have finally found the problem! Appears it has been a faulty vdsl faceplate!
The connection had been up for a week in the test socket, so thought I'd try a reset, no difference I'm afraid.
Then I just plugged the faceplate back in and went to connect and no signal! Back into test socket and hey presto, working again.
Have now fitted brand new faceplate and disconnected phone extension wiring while I was there, now all working via the faceplate.
Hopefully this has been the problem. It must have been on the way out for a while.
Hopefully this will be the last and final reset and problems will hopefully all be resolved! 😊
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 67 of 107

Go to solution

Sounds promising and maybe the change and stable connection and connection will get back to where it used to be and it can handle the 3db noise margin

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
warrenshaw22
Aspiring Expert
Message 68 of 107

Go to solution
Hopefully it's sorted.
Never dawned on me because there was no noise on the line and the phone part is working fine, just the vdsl section which seems bad, must have been going for a while then just stopped working, which was ideal because then I knew the problem 👍
0 Ratings
warrenshaw22
Aspiring Expert
Message 69 of 107

Go to solution
Just unmarked that as solution as my speed is still stuck down, even though snr is 6 still won't sync higher, but hopefully have found the root cause of the problem

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 70 of 107

Go to solution

If you have now got more stability and hopefully cut out the line noise which was stopping DLM taking action then like before noise margin will go down to 3db with increase in speed and will stay there 

0 Ratings