Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Techwizz
Aspiring Expert
Message 31 of 107

Re: Dlm optional?

Go to solution
SNR margin will change as noise/line conditions change. It's the SNRM at resync (target SNRM) that you need to watch. Did the SNRM change to 6 after a resync?
0 Ratings
warrenshaw22
Contributor
Message 32 of 107

Go to solution
Yes, checked the log, resynced at 6 this morning, although the sync speed hasn't increased at just over 2, although I can see the attainable speed is over 3 now, so hopefully the band will lift
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 33 of 107

Go to solution

as I said already I don't think you are in a banded profile just pooor connection with high noise margin due to a few resets  just maintain a stable connection and should sort itself with tweaking noise margin with router

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
warrenshaw22
Contributor
Message 34 of 107

Go to solution
Apologies jmjolly, I forgot you had mentioned that. I'll let it do its thing a few days, will probably sync higher in the morning itself again, seems to resync about 6.00am itself then I can put in a snr tweak again. Thanks for all the input
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 35 of 107

Go to solution

Tweaking the SNR can be self defeating.  If your line isn't stable enough for 3dB target SNRM then you just increase the errors and DLM takes action again. 

warrenshaw22
Contributor
Message 36 of 107

Go to solution
Hi, the line had sat happy for about 5 weeks there at 3snr.
The snr tweak is making no difference now anyway so I have left it well alone, the line wont sync at more than 2200 not matter what the attainable rate is.
0 Ratings
Techwizz
Aspiring Expert
Message 37 of 107

Go to solution
Yes, the line is obviously banded. What's strange is that you've told us that the target SNRM has dropped to 6 dB, which makes no sense, as I would've expected the banding to have been removed. Hopefully, it's removed soon.
0 Ratings
warrenshaw22
Contributor
Message 38 of 107

Go to solution
Indeed, is very odd.
Have left it running with the current sync rate of 2279, says the attainable is now 3.4, hopefully the dlm will catch up, of not I'm sure the mods will sort it out
Techwizz
Aspiring Expert
Message 39 of 107

Go to solution
How long has it been banded?
0 Ratings
warrenshaw22
Contributor
Message 40 of 107

Go to solution
In total I suppose about a week, had a five day straight connection and it didn't make any difference, although the snr has crept down again which is good. Details were sent to the mods so hopefully they will look into it in due coarse 😁 the attainable rate is sitting over a Meg higher than the sync, so hoping dlm will just sort itself
0 Ratings