cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Bc1973
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Do I have a faulty SSFP infinity socket?

We've just moved in to a new property and have finally located the SSFP socket for our Infinity 2 setup. It has the standard ADSL socket at the top and phone socket beneath. But it doesn't work. The HH5 light is yellow and the red 'b' flashes and we have no connection.

However, right next to the SSFP socket is a more normal looking phone point with the Openreach logo on it. If we plug an ADSL filter in here and the HH5 in to that, it works. BUT... we can't plug a phone in anywhere else but this filter.

Why would we have this setup and not a normal SSFP active? As I said before, we've just moved in so I have no history on this.
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Bc1973
Contributor
Message 2 of 7

Re: Do I have a faulty SSFP infinity socket?

I should say it's an SSFP type 5 not type 3
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 7

Maybe the previous customer had 2 lines and bt have provided your line on the non ssfp socket.
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Bc1973
Contributor
Message 4 of 7

Ok. So how would I change that? I've only found one other working phone point in the house (despite their being 4 in total) and I'd rather not have ADSL filters everywhere.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

if working socket is an NTE5 then just undo SSFP take out the section shown by yellow arrow, put into NTE5 and replace bottom section shown by red arrow

test-socket-thumb.jpg

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Bc1973
Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Sorry, don't follow. Do you mean just swap the two fascias over? Move the SSFP fascia on to the other one?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

yes  the insert with yellow arrow has a slot in bottom so slips over any existing extension wiring conencted to existing faceplate shown by red arrow  then put back together

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings